Infiniti Q30 SPIED - Winter Testing

The Q30 compact- A luxury hatchback with a Mercedes platform and engine.
RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

Autoblog has caught the Q30 in the snow:

autoblog wrote: Infiniti is the latest luxury automaker preparing to join the premium hatchback segment, and after seeing a prototype wrapped in garbage bags undergoing warm-weather testing earlier last month, we're now looking at another test mule running in the snow.

Previewed in concept form at the Frankfurt Motor Show over a year ago, the Infiniti Q30 is set to share its platform with the Mercedes GLA – with which it obviously shares its proportions, but from which it will be distinguished with unique styling with trademark Infiniti design cues. It's still hard to tell much from the spy shots (heavily camouflaged as is the prototype), but their emergence at least tells us that development is continuing apace. We wouldn't take too much stock in the Volvo V60 tailing it, though: automakers often benchmark the competition, but the Q30 will more directly compete with the next V40, along with the likes of the Audi A3, BMW 1 Series and (maybe to a lesser extent) the Lexus CT 200h.

Expect power to come from the same 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine used in the GLA and its stablemates as well. Production is slated to take place simultaneously in Decherd, TN, and in Sunderland, England, at Nissan Motor Manufacturing UK – one of the largest assembly plants in Europe. A QX30 crossover version better suited to rougher roads is slated to follow as well.
More at Autoblog

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

That would rock if it actually competed with the 1 series.

phjake
Car: 2015 Murano SL

RicerX wrote:Autoblog has caught the Q30 in the snow:

autoblog wrote: Infiniti is the latest luxury automaker preparing to join the premium hatchback segment, and after seeing a prototype wrapped in garbage bags undergoing warm-weather testing earlier last month, we're now looking at another test mule running in the snow.

Previewed in concept form at the Frankfurt Motor Show over a year ago, the Infiniti Q30 is set to share its platform with the Mercedes GLA – with which it obviously shares its proportions, but from which it will be distinguished with unique styling with trademark Infiniti design cues. It's still hard to tell much from the spy shots (heavily camouflaged as is the prototype), but their emergence at least tells us that development is continuing apace. We wouldn't take too much stock in the Volvo V60 tailing it, though: automakers often benchmark the competition, but the Q30 will more directly compete with the next V40, along with the likes of the Audi A3, BMW 1 Series and (maybe to a lesser extent) the Lexus CT 200h.

Expect power to come from the same 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine used in the GLA and its stablemates as well. Production is slated to take place simultaneously in Decherd, TN, and in Sunderland, England, at Nissan Motor Manufacturing UK – one of the largest assembly plants in Europe. A QX30 crossover version better suited to rougher roads is slated to follow as well.
More at Autoblog
I subscribe to Car and Driver and their article on the 2017 Q30 that appeared in the February 2016 issue caught my eye. Really nice looking and sounds like it will be in a price range attractive for someone looking for entry into a luxury vehicle. They call it a hatchback, but say it has a ground clearance of 7.5 inches. My FWD 2015 Rogue is considered a crossover and has a ground clearance of 7.4 inches. The article talks about the Q30 only being FWD and a QX30 version being AWD making it more of a crossover, but AWD has never been a requirement to be considered a crossover. Interesting, and with a 7.5 inch ground clearance I certainly consider it a crossover and not a hatchback/wagon.

Jaught

I have never had any problems with my beauty:)

Return to “Infiniti Q30 Forum”