Infiniti navigation upgrade question

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
etsuHoopsFan
Car: 2008 EX35

Hello, new to this forum and Infiniti. We just bought a super low mileage 2008 EX35 and love it. Audiowise I am happy with the factory sound, and currently using a bluetooth adapter through the aux input for music streaming. The factory navigation however is crap because of the technology age and I don't think it was ever updated. We currently have a Garmin GPS for navigation. But would love to utilize the factory nav if possible. Does anyone have experience with upgrading to the most recent nav maps in older year Infinitis and is it worth it? Does it improve the way the nav system works and behaves in addition to upgrading the maps? I know an option is using our phones, but would rather use the factory screen. Also have looked into the GROM system upgrade, but that is pricey. Any help or suggestions appreciated.

gromaudio
Vendor

You might want to look into VLine Infotainment and Navigation system for Infiniti vehicles, here is the model that will fit to your vehicle:

https://gromaudio.com/store/vline/grom-vl2-nis8.html

Thank you.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Moved to the Infiniti EX35 Forum for more exposure.

INFINITI Navigation First Generation HDD Map Update Version 8.8 for United States and Canada
$ 79.00

Please note: You are purchasing a non-refundable map update activation code that must be used at your local Infiniti retailer to install the map update. Contact your retailer to schedule an appointment. Additional installation fees may apply.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”