Infiniti M45 newbie

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
auditech10
Car: 03 M45

Im in the market for an 03-04 M45 black on black(Id prefer white on black but dont think they exist) which Ill be buying within the next month or so. I was wondering though what the aftermarket has in store for this car. Ive been searching and havent found much out there. Anybody know of any sites? Also what are some common problems with these M45s? I am an Audi tech for 4 years so minor things hear and there are no big deal for me, but Im just wondering what goes wrong with these cars. Any input would be great, as it doesnt seem like there are many other members on the M45 forum. Thanks...

BlackBirdVQ
Car: 93 G20, 94 Q45, 00 Altima, 01 Maxima- quite a few

which
auditech10 wrote:Im in the market for an 03-04 M45 black on black(Id prefer white on black but dont think they exist) which Ill be buying within the next month or so. I was wondering though what the aftermarket has in store for this car. Ive been searching and havent found much out there. Anybody know of any sites? Also what are some common problems with these M45s? I am an Audi tech for 4 years so minor things hear and there are no big deal for me, but Im just wondering what goes wrong with these cars. Any input would be great, as it doesnt seem like there are many other members on the M45 forum. Thanks...
Which dealership you work for ? I used to work for Audi here in Chicagoland years back.

auditech10

I work in Highland Park, north suburbs.

grncobra

Yah I am a newbie too. I have been searching too there is not much you can do to these cars. The most I will do is slap on some 18's, Eibachs (if I can find some) & maybe exhaust. If you want you can check out some of the body kits from Japan. I reposted this from "Falkdesigns" from another thread.

They were made for several years in Japan as Nissan Cedric and Nissan Gloria, same car, different trim level basically......Look for Junction Produce, Wald, Artisan Spirits, Sportec (all Japanese tuners) for body kits, wheels, etc.

Here is the full thread:zerothread?id=164819

I just did a google search for each company. Honestly I did not see many body kits at all & IMO they looked unapealing. I have not seen one in person though just pictures. I want 03 M45 so bad but I am trying to get rid of my 97 cobra. No luck yet. Good luck getting your M45!!

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Welcome to the forums, both of you guys!!!!!! We're glad your here, and sharing the Y34 M45 love!!!

I agree, the Y34 M does not really work too well with body kits, unless your going hardcore..... I wonder if impul does a body kit for it?

EDIT: Impul does make a kit for the y34, looks pretty nice

http://www.impul.co.jp/product...1.JPG

http://www.impul.co.jp/product...A%83A

grncobra

Thanks elwesso!

The Impul Kit looks pretty clean. Don't really like the price. Just curious what the general consensus is on rim size for the m45. I have been looking at 18's to 19's. I really don't like 20's to much wheel for me. Also I have been having trouble locating some Eibach's. Anybody have any leads? Also what brand exhaust is everyone installing?Thanks again! Hopefully soon I will being driving a 03-04 M45!

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Yeah thats impul stuff is pricey, but it sprobably some of the best out there, especially if your going for a factoryish look.....

Heresa link to someone selling the eibach springs

zerothread?id=158377

I dont think theres a mass produced exhaust for the Y34.

auditech10

Well I picked up my 03 M45 last night. Its black on black with the grayish wood grain trim, not the cherry wood or whatever puke color it is. Im going to have to get used to paying a lot for gas, I can tell. I used a 1/4 tank in 35 miles, hehehehe. I love it though and all day ive been getting compliments from co workers. Its such a rare car I think that some guys hadnt seen one before, thats why I like it so much.It doesnt have Navi, which would be nice, but I wouldnt use it that much anyway. The one feature I did really want and didnt get on this one was the heated/cooled seats. Oh well.Ill be lowering it and putting wheels on very soon and replacing the center mufflers later on. Im not trying to go loud but a little more growl to it. Ill post pics if anybody is interested in seeing it.Thanks for the warm welcome to the forum.Oh is there any guys from Chicago area that maybe want to get a meet together sometime when it gets nicer???Dimitri

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

there are big meets in chicago... check our central meets forum, in the regional meets section.....

You can come down to indy, on june 6 we're having a HUGE (HUGE!!!) meet..

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

auditech10 wrote:Well I picked up my 03 M45 last night. Its black on black with the grayish wood grain trim
Welcome to the 2003 M45 owners subgroup!

You will love your car! I am certainly very happy with mine.

I have a Silver M45 with the black interior leather and dark gray/black trim. It goes together beautifully for sure!

Z

auditech10

Sounds like a plan. I wouldnt mind driving to Indy for a day. Ill have to check the regional meets to see whats up. I guess mine is a really early 03 with the last 6 being 000202. I hope I still have some warranty on this beast. I was thinking of changing the mufflers with some free'er flowing ones but I really do love the sound of the stock exhaust. What does everybody else think. Im talking the two center mufflers not the last one. Has anybody taken these out and left the rearmost? I wonder if that would be too droany for this car. I dont know, ideas have been flowing through my head like crazy lately, hehe.

BlackBirdVQ
Car: 93 G20, 94 Q45, 00 Altima, 01 Maxima- quite a few

Ahh I worked at Laurel Audi yeaars back, why I ask

We do have a meet coming up in few weeks in Chicago, its a all Nissan/Infiniti meet over in Schaumburg- aka Bussie Woods forest preserve right off I290 and Higgins Rd.

If you do show up, you will be the 1st M45 to do so ! I wanna be there with my Q45 as I never seen one at the meets eighter- and I have been going to them since 98 !

Where did you get your M45 from ? Woodfield Nissan had 2 black on black 03s and they where selling one with 34K miles on it for 16800- with no Navi, but it had the OEM chrome wheels if I recall correctly.

auditech10

I got mine from Infiniti of Lisle. I saw one at woodfield nissan but it had high mileage so I didnt pay too much attention to it. I live right down the street from busse woods so I will definitely have to stop by. When is it by the way? Ill be looking forward to this meet.

lswaidz
Car: 2003 Infiniti M45

Hey guys, this is my first visit to this board...

I got my diamond graphite M45 from Infiniti of Lisle as well... I ALMOST bought the black one they had on the lot, however I did not like the darker wood trim inside and it had a few too many miles.

Interestingly enough about 2 weeks after buying it I had an issue w/ the exhaust breaking off right past the resonator. They sent a flat bed down here and brought it back up. I've been dealing w/ Christian in sales and Chris in service... both guys are awesome and I highly recommend both. Let me know how your experience is so far.

Next week I plan on swapping out the Bose sub for an 8" MTX in a custom box and swapping out the casette player for a DVD player... should be cool.

Lance

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

lswaidz wrote:Hey guys, this is my first visit to this board...

I got my diamond graphite M45 from Infiniti of Lisle as well... I ALMOST bought the black one they had on the lot, however I did not like the darker wood trim inside and it had a few too many miles.

Interestingly enough about 2 weeks after buying it I had an issue w/ the exhaust breaking off right past the resonator. They sent a flat bed down here and brought it back up. I've been dealing w/ Christian in sales and Chris in service... both guys are awesome and I highly recommend both. Let me know how your experience is so far.

Next week I plan on swapping out the Bose sub for an 8" MTX in a custom box and swapping out the casette player for a DVD player... should be cool.

Lance
Welcome to NICO, Lance!

Sorry you had problems with your purchase, but hopefully, the dealer will resolve all of them cleanly.

Please post pictures and your driving experiences with the car when you get it back.

Thanks!

Z

auditech10

Lance, I would really like to see what you do with the tape player removal. I have absolutely no use for cassettes and have been thinking of ways to replace it. Id really like for TEIN to make a suspension setup for us so that I could put the module where you adjust the strut stiffness right where the tape player is. My father has a Volvo S60R and they have that kind of setup. Its really cool if anybody else has used or seen this.

lswaidz
Car: 2003 Infiniti M45

Z:

The problem was taken care of promptly by the dealer. They sent a flat bed down here to pick it up (i'm 100 miles from my dealer) and everything was taken care of under warranty. Apparently the welds became corroded over time and just broke up the pressure of a downshift.

Other than that I've had 0 problems with the vehicle. I put about 100 miles on her everyday and it just gets better and better. I drove a 99 Trans Am WS6 all through high school and this car feels just as fast. In fact I've raced my friend in his 97 WS6 and had about 2 car lengths on him at about 80... the car just pulls and pulls mid-gear.

auditech:

The plan right now is to remove the casette player and replace it with the DIrected DV2602. It will be wired into the factory system and screen (which apparently is just an RGB connection) and we're going to try and use the SAT button as the toggle between the DVD player and the standard display. It also has a mini-jack input on the front so I can hard wire an MP3 player (when I get one) right into it for much better sound quality. We're going to start everything next week so I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures.

Lance

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”