Infiniti M37s-Poor ride quality

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
pokerdude

Hi All,
I am new to the forum. I purchased a black m37s about 4 months ago. It has been a great car.
Fun to drive. Have not had any of the iphone 4 or ipod sync problems. They have worked flawlessly.
However, the wife and kids are not fans of the poor ride quality. I realize this is due to combination of
the tight suspension and 20 inch wheels/tires. Is there anything I can do to mitigate this.
I guess I cant alter the suspension but would changing the tires help? Maybe going with a taller
sidewall. Any advice would be welcome.

kluken
Car: 2011 M37S

Ride is subjective, I find it to be a great ride, but then I came out of a 09 TL SH-AWD which was much firmer. I think some of the ride you are feeling is those massive wheels and tires. I actually find the M37S to be a great combination of handling and ride comfort for a sport ride.

m-licious

i'd be glad to trade you all or part of my m45 luxury's suspension
1. "softer" shocks
2. taller springs/smaller spring rate
3. smaller wheels (I'd even throw money on top of this)

all of these will make your ride more comfortable. the car won't look as aggressive but you'll get far less complaints about the ride. i don't mind the harshness.

bhrees
Car: 2011 M37x in platinum graphite with graphite interior and premium package

you could always switch down to the 18" wheels, the larger side wall will soften things up a bit

Pimperish1
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56s
2007 Nissan Pathfinder S 4WD
2010 Nissan Rogue S AWD

Get 'em some cushy pillows from bed bath and beyond and tell 'em to quit thier bitchin and just hang on tight. (And when your done with that I have a futon in the basement you can have. LMAO).

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”