Infiniti m35x canada

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
djtj

Hi all. I stumbled upon these forums a couple of days ago and had a few questions! I take delivery on monday, white on tan, loaded. I was wondering the following...

1) I have a Sony Ericcson W810i. It connects to my mdx, but does not recieve calls thru the car. Does anyone here know if it will work?

2) Can I view dvd's in the front if the parking brake is on?

3) Is it true the nav does not accept voice inputs in canada? (only usa)

4) I want to put rims, most likely 20's. Is there a certain offset I should have. what about tire size?

Thanks in advance! Ill be sure to post some pics once in get er all pimped out!

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

djtj wrote:Hi all. I stumbled upon these forums a couple of days ago and had a few questions! I take delivery on monday, white on tan, loaded. I was wondering the following...

1) I have a Sony Ericcson W810i. It connects to my mdx, but does not recieve calls thru the car. Does anyone here know if it will work?

2) Can I view dvd's in the front if the parking brake is on?

3) Is it true the nav does not accept voice inputs in canada? (only usa)

4) I want to put rims, most likely 20's. Is there a certain offset I should have. what about tire size?

Thanks in advance! Ill be sure to post some pics once in get er all pimped out!
Welcome to NICO!!!

1. You might find the answer in one of the Bluetooth threads here. The Infiniti web site also has a section on which phones definitely work.

2. As far as I know, the NAV unit will not play DVD's. If I am wrong, someone please let me know!

3. That is the first I have heard about this limitation in Canadian models (if someone has mentioned that here in a thread, my mind must be going!). Does your dealer also say this? If this limitation is indeed accurate, that is sad!

4. Correct offset does depend on the width you want to put on. The new M does need a fairly high offset wheel. Somewhere between 45mm to 50mm will be needed to make it work well for a 8" wheel width in a 20" diameter. If you increase width to 9" or 10", then a lower offset is needed to prevent contact with the suspension components, but I would then be concerned about fender contact ... particularly if you lower the car at all!

Give the experts at Tire Rack a call (link is in the advertizer section on NICO) to get a better idea of what is possible.

In terms of tires, any good 20" will do as long as you are careful about the load index of the tire - make sure to get at least 95 load index rated tires. And, of course, a speed-rated tire (like H, W, Y or Z) to get the proper construction quality - even if you do not drive that fast!

Z

scjconsulting
Car: 2009 G37x

> 2. As far as I know, the NAV unit will not play DVD's. If I am wrong, > someone please let me know!

While the NAV unit will not play DVDs, the other DVD unit in the between front seat compartment will, with the car parked. I have not tried this yet.

tkeskic
Car: 2006 M35x Premium with "Aero Package" + 2010 QX56 AWD 7 Seat/Premium + 2007 MB ML320cdi

Voice destination for canadian destinations will not in fact work, unless you use "destination 403-xxx-xxx" as you command, and its a listed business number.

"destination nearby places" also works, but you cannot use address' as input. you can however plan a trip to a USA address from within canada and works fine, the system just doesnt understand canadian street address's by voice input;

this has been discussed here before (by me)

jshattner

2. For DVD's to play in front, as the previous poster said, you need the Tech package (or whatever it's called up here (came standard on my M45 Sport so I never looked at package name). You can then play DVD's up front but only with parking brake on AND car fully stopped. There is a DIY mod to get around this limitation, but not a great idea to drive watching movies, even for a spouse. DVD audio tracks will play while in motion.

3. The Nav system does not allow voice entry of destination addresses in Canada or POIs. This is true even in US models, since all use the same Zenrin software. The Canada "zone", which I believe also includes Alaska, does not have VR tags stored. You can enter US destinations by voice as in USA. You can enter Canadian addresses and find Canadian POIs, etc. via the joystick / keyboard. This will not work while car is in motion unless you do the DIY mod mentioned above.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Thanks for all the quick responses, folks! I am surprised about the Canadian voice input problem. And, yes, I must have missed/forgotten the previous discussion on it.

Z

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”