Infiniti m35h / Q70 hybrid : how to get the best 0-100km/h

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
Mickey917
Car: Infiniti M35H

Hello,

I see a lot of different results for the 0-100 km/h of our m35h / Q70 hybrid. Times go from 5.1 to 6 seconds. A lot of reviews and videos are done in automatic sport mode. In this mode, the v6 engine is OFF when starting in most cases. So you have only the electric motor and you loose around 0.4 seconds at the 0 to 100 exercice. You will get the best results by having the v6 engine ON when launching. To force the engine to work, you can pass in manual mode before launching. You have to drive a little because if you go into manual when engine is OFF when the vehicle is not moving, it will not turn the engine ON.

So drive in manual, stop, and the engine will still work and won't shut down for a while. You can floor the gas and get the best out of this car. It is a very fast car ! ! ! You also need to have the hybrid battery as full as possible. As reviewer and user stated, you get the worst time (about 6 seconds) when the battery is out of power or in security (due to overheat). I never experienced a security overheat but I remember TTAC get it when they made their measurment.

You can also have the v6 ON when you are not moving by using the open door procedure. So you can use automatic sport mode if you prefer. I feel less confortable with this option...

Same thing for the Q50 hybrid. There is a video on youtube and the man get 4.8 seconds out of his car.

Sorry for my bad english and sorry if everyone know what I said. But it seems that it is not clear for everyrone when I see some reviews or some videos on youtube.

Happy Christmas and run safe.

Cheers

PS : you have to see the face of those "Audi S boys'' when they see this big japanese unknown boat leaving them behind. Here in Europe and specialy in France, there is few infiniti owners. No one knows this brand apart Uber driver with the 2.2d lol

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Thank you for the information!

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”