Infiniti M35 misfire/no power

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Blessed
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35

2006 Infiniti M35

The car had a slight miss in it when i was driving then it started to lose power and it would barely move when i accelerated. I heard something pop, like a backfire, under the car. I looked under and 1 of the cats was glowing orange. Thank The Lord i made it home and parked it. i changed out both cats and both downstream oxygen sensors. The car still has a sputter to it. The obd2 code P0301 came up for a cylinder 1 misfire. I changed all 6 plugs and i swapped the ignition coils around and put a new 1 on cylinder 1. I got the same result. The car will barely run and still has a bad miss. Any ideas what the problem could be? I have a 2010 altima that is doing the exact same thing. I changed the cats, oxygen sensors, plugs, coils, valve cover and gasket on that 1 within the last 6 months and it still has a bad misfire.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Same advice I gave you for the Altima. Check compression. There's a better-than-even chance that you wiped out both of these engines by neglecting the cats until they disintegrated.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”