Infiniti M audio inputs - which option packages?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
onehitter

Went for a test drive in an M35 sport last week. Salesperson was telling me that I can get the audio inputs (that could be used to connect an mp3 player) without getting the rear DVD entertainment system.

Can anyone tell me if this is true and which option includes this feature?

thanks!

RSC10
Car: M35 Sport - Black / Black / Rosewood Trim - Tech Journey

Consider that confirmed. You need the technology package. I've got an M35 Sport with the RCA connections you're referring to. No rear entertainment package necessary. Works perfectly with my iPod....

onehitter

thanks! gonna start getting some lease quotes this week - can't wait to get mine, it seems like such a great car. My wife is driving an '04 FX35, and I recently turned in my '02 I35 - both were outstanding vehicles.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Welcome to NICO, onehitter!

Please post pics when you get your car. The new M is an awesome car for sure.

Z

superjv1080
Car: M45 + FX35

RSC10 wrote:You need the technology package.
Second that. But I've found that you'll also need more than a 1/8" to RCA cable. I tried that (sounded terrible) and now use a Belkin auto kit which plugs into the bottom of your iPod and has a volume knob on the adapter to adjust the sound. Your ears will thank you.

timinfla2
Car: 2006 M45 Sport, Journey, Tech, Aero

I plugged my ipod into the A/V jacks, via 1/8" to RCA adapter.

My question is, should the system auto-recognize the iPod or do I have to somehow access it via a menu within the radio screen?

The owners manual is horribly lacking in this capacity.

Thanks, Tim

timinfla2

Hey Super -

Do you have a model number or something for the auto kit? I tried a search and dozens of kits came up.

Thanks, Tim

superjv1080

timinfla2 wrote:Do you have a model number or something for the auto kit?
Here you go. I didn't have the info at the time. Sorry not to be specific on that.This adapter did wonders for the incoming sound from the iPOD.

Auto Kit for iPod w/ Dock ConnectorPart # F8V7058-APL-BLKhttp://catalog.belkin.com/IWCa...93794

superjv1080

timinfla2 wrote:My question is, should the system auto-recognize the iPod or do I have to somehow access it via a menu within the radio screen?
Unfortunately, there is no auto-recognize feature for the Aux port.

Let's say I've just been listening to a DVD-Audio disk. I click the Disk button which brings up the control options (i.e. Play, Pause, ect.). In the lower left of the screen is the "Aux/Settings" (I think) option. You have to push the LEFT button on the wheel control. Then push enter on the wheel control. "Aux" should be at the top. Push enter. Then start your iPOD music.

It's a pain but that's the process. You then have to push the Disk button again to go through that same process to go back to DVD-Audio.

Since the Disk button will toggle CD and DVD-Audio, it would have been nice to have it like a A-B-C button (like the tuner preset button) to go from CD to DVD-Audio to Aux input.

timinfla2

Perfect - Thanks Super, that worked just fine.

-Tim

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”