Infiniti JX reliability -- better info (please sign up)

Discussion forum for the Infiniti JX35 / Infiniti QX60 - This 7-seat premium crossover dominates the class.
mkaresh
Car: 2003 Mazda Protege5

I wanted more up-to-date car reliability information that made the differences between cars clearer. So a few years ago I started getting people together to make this possible. TrueDelta now updates actual repair frequencies, not just dots, four times a year, to provide initial stats on new models sooner then track cars closely as they age.

Thanks to the help of AZhitman and this forum, for which I'm very grateful, we've been providing reliability stats for many Infiniti models for years now. I'd love to do the same for the JX, just a matter of how soon enough owners get involved.

Participants simply report repairs the month after they occur on a one-page survey. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, following the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, participants receive full access to all results, not just those for the JX, for free. I'll share results for the JX in this thread after each update.

For the details, and to sign up to help out:

Car reliability research

mkaresh

Eight owners signed up so far. Not a bad start given the number sold, but more remain needed to provide reliability stats for the JX.

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

I will sign up, I just got my JX35, and I have been updating you on my G37.

mkaresh

Excellent, thanks!

mkaresh

We might have enough data for an initial stat in February. It's going to be close, so a few more JXs could make the difference.

To get yours included:

Car reliability research

mkaresh

We're not ending up with enough for February. The data we do have suggests that people are having few problems with the JX.

We will have enough data for a stat in May, but with more participants this stat would be more precise. So hopefully more owners will participate.

mkaresh

We've updated our reliability stats for the JX and Nissan Pathfinder to include owner experiences through March 31, 2013.

Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2013: 31, moderate, small sample size

We'll have further updates in August and in November. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

For the details, including the descriptions of reported repairs, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Infiniti JX reliability ratings and comparisons

mkaresh

We've updated our reliability stats for the JX and Pathfinder to include owner experiences through June 30, 2013. (Another source is about 14 months behind.)

2013 JX: 26, low

We'll have further updates in November and February.

To view competitors' scores and descriptions of reported repairs, and to sign up to help:

mkaresh

We've updated our reliability stats for the JX to include owner experiences through September 30, 2013.

2013 JX: 18, low, small sample size

We'll have further updates in February and in May. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help improve this information:

mkaresh

We've updated our reliability stats for the JX to include owner experiences through December 31, 2013.

2013 JX: 41, moderate, small sample size

We'll have further updates in May and in August. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

To see the repairs behind these stats, and to sign up to help improve this information:

mkaresh

Our reliability stats for the JX now include owner experiences through March 31, 2014, making them nearly a year ahead of other sources.

2013 JX: 52, moderate

Thank you, once again, everyone who has been helping. Next update in August.

For a deeper dive, including the stats for other cars and repair descriptions, and to sign up to help improve this information:

mkaresh

We've updated our reliability stats for the JX and QX60 to include owner experiences through June 30, 2014 (making them about 14 months ahead of some others).

2014 QX60: 72, high
2013 JX: 47, moderate

Next updates in November and in February. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

For repair descriptions, the stats of other cars, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Infiniti QX60 reliability ratings and comparisons

mkaresh

We've updated our reliability stats for the JX and QX60 to include owner experiences through September 30, 2014.

2014 QX60: 58, high, largely because of reports of transmission shuddering
2013 JX: 51, moderate

To view the repairs behind these numbers, check the stats for other cars, and sign up to help improve this information (next update in February):

mkaresh

We've updated our reliability stats for the JX to include owner experiences through September 30, 2015. In terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2014 QX60: 30, moderate
2013 JX: 61, high

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds", to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop:

2014 QX60: 74, < 1
2013 JX: 63, 8

For the details, including repair descriptions, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Return to “Infiniti JX35 / QX60 Forum”