Infiniti J30t hub, cv axle, spindle help needed

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
Colts_rule
Car: 1994 Infiniti J30t

I have an 1994 Infiniti J30t with HICAS. I have been having problems with wheel bearings going bad for sometime. I have replaced bearings, hubs, and spindles. The other day the bearing went out again but this time the boots for the cv axle tore. It ruined the hub, spindle and axle. I bought a spindle and hub from a place in Kentucky and a cv axle from Oreilly's. I made sure that both where for my car which was made in April '94. I put it all back together again and drove it 6 miles and the cv axle popped and came apart. Can anyone help please.
Last edited by Rogue One on Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Deleted duplicate thread

J30tChumpCar
Car: 1995 J30t Totaled @ Charlotte motor speedway
1994 J30 gutted caged road racer Now with VH45DE!
1966 Chevy Corvair V8 mid-ship conversion

Not sure of your issue, I have been racing J30s for 5 years with factory axles ... with their 20 year old boots and 20 year old bearings only tearing a boot here and there when using 300zx axles (drivers inner) because it was a little bit long, never failed a rear hub ever!

When I say racing I mean 14 hours long events up to 140mph on road courses, there is a little contact, spinning and even some crashing!

Saying all that, I see competitors having many issues with china axles and bearings, next round I would contact a local scrap yard and run the used but high quality axle out of any J30 (should be the same)

Edit, if you are not getting the axle center nut tight to factory specs it will trash the hub!

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”