Infiniti g35x 2004 sedan overheating!!!

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
Jroc2017
Car: Infiniti g35x2004 sedan

So my car started to overheat. I wasn't getting any hot air either!! I changed the thermostat and bled the air out at its highest point. it stopped overheating. When I drive the air is hot and when I'm idle it's cold.(no overheat) I had put the heat on full blast and I was realllllly driving it fast RPMs 3000-4000 range (NO OVERHEAT) so I let the car be because my belts were really crappy so I had to change them. Waited a day or so and changed both belts BUT. I drove it today and once I hit the highway it started to overheat. It also was blowing hot air while driving. And cold air at the stoplight (which is fine) did I not bleed the system enough??? I really can't tell what the problem is :(

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Jroc2017 wrote:So my car started to overheat. I wasn't getting any hot air either!! I changed the thermostat and bled the air out at its highest point. it stopped overheating. When I drive the air is hot and when I'm idle it's cold.(no overheat) I had put the heat on full blast and I was realllllly driving it fast RPMs 3000-4000 range (NO OVERHEAT) so I let the car be because my belts were really crappy so I had to change them. Waited a day or so and changed both belts BUT. I drove it today and once I hit the highway it started to overheat. It also was blowing hot air while driving. And cold air at the stoplight (which is fine) did I not bleed the system enough??? I really can't tell what the problem is :(
Have you followed the troubleshooting steps in the FSM?

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Sedan/2004/co.pdf

See page CO-6

With a twelve year old vehicle when you changed the thermostat why didn't you replace the water pump, radiator, cap, coolant and belts all at the same time?

Are the fans running?
They may need replacement also?

Good luck

Telcoman

RED_DET
Vendor
Car: 2004 6 speed G35 Sedan, 2011 G37x, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SR20DET, C7Z06

Clean any debris from in front of the condenser.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”