Infiniti G35 problems, I know nothing about cars... please help.

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
HGHUA

So my 2005 Infiniti G35x (150,000 miles) is having some problems today. When I go to start it on a cold winter day the dash lights up with a bunch of lights. Check Engine, AWD, VDC Off, Skid. The engine still starts. I turn it off and try again. Still On. Turn off and wait 5 min. Everything but the check Engine light goes off.

With the check engine light still on I go to a tire place to have them read the codes. Seems to still drive normal. They come back as:

U1000: CAN Communication Circuit Fault
P1212: TCS/Communication Line Fault

B2125: P Range Switch

and a couple low tire warnings, which is odd as I just tested them a week ago... but probably not related.

I call around to see if I can get seen at a shop but its Wed evening and the earliest someone can see me is Fri Afternoon. There is a Nissan dealer nearby (Lincoln, NE) and an Infiniti dealer in Omaha but with the age of the car I'm hoping I can get away with not paying a dealer service premium.

Anyways, I have no idea what the problem is. It made it back home ok without any noticeable problems. Any help would be really appreciated.
Is this something a dealer would have to do as its specialized or could any repair shop handle this?
Thanks. :wavey:

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

HGHUA wrote:..... but with the age of the car I'm hoping I can get away with not paying a dealer service premium.
With the age of the car the dealer might be your best bet to get an idea what the total repair cost might be for a 12 year old vehicle.
HGHUA wrote:
Anyways, I have no idea what the problem is. It made it back home ok without any noticeable problems. Any help would be really appreciated.
Is this something a dealer would have to do as its specialized or could any repair shop handle this?
Thanks. :wavey:
Too many unqualified so called mechanics out there. You usually get what you pay for and buying cheap usually results in buying twice.
Only the dealer has the Consult lll to thoroughly check out your vehicle.

If your battery does not indicate all cells having a full charge by using a battery hydrometer to test you may want to start by replacing your battery.

Good luck

Telcoman

HGHUA

Yeah, I figured the dealer wiould have better tools to diagnose Called them up this morning and dropped it off with them before work. In the shop right now. Hopefully its a simple fix.

HGHUA

So, the dealer said the likely problem is the messed up battery, barely able to hold a charge. Changed it tonight and hopefully that fixed it. If it still comes back on they said it might be the grounding wires need cleaning.

Also they found a leak in the Oil cooler. I'm assuming its small since I haven't seen any spots on the ground at home. Probably the O ring seal. Might change that when i change the oil this weekend.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”