infiniti g35 braking system

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
racerxl99
Car: 240sx se, wrx,

i was at the infiniti dealership getting some info about the new 06 g35 coupe 6mt. i mentioned that i wanted the brembo braking system on it and he was saying, which i think he is lying, that the "new" infiniti braking system is suppose to be on par with the brembo. i know there arent alot of reviews for the 06 but it should be the same as the 05 with few minor upgrades, right? please shed some light on the matter. thank you

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

The 05+ models will not come with Brembo brakes. The only years that the Brembo's were available for the coupe were 03 and 04. However, the standard brakes that Infiniti uses are pretty damn good. I haven't got the data available right now, but they stop within a couple of feet of the Brembo's if I remeber correctly.

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

Of the top of my head the 05+ brakes are just slightly smaller in diameter than the Brembos(I think my within a few tenths of an inch). I'm not sure about the thickness however. Most of the differences in braking performance will be found in it's ability to handle and dissapate heat. Rotor mass is the most significant factor. As such, as long as the newer non-Brembos are as thick as the Brembos, they will probably have nearly the capacity to absorb heat as the Brembos do. Stopping distances of all the brakes available for the G should be very close as long as none of them are fading.

Honestly though, for serious tracking, even the Brembos are sized a bit on the small side. For these people, I'd recommend an even larger brake system or at the very least, pads designed to handle higher temps, and perhaps removal of the dust shields and maybe even airducts to help bring more air to rotors.

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

C-Kwik wrote:Of the top of my head the 05+ brakes are just slightly smaller in diameter than the Brembos(I think my within a few tenths of an inch). I'm not sure about the thickness however. Most of the differences in braking performance will be found in it's ability to handle and dissapate heat. Rotor mass is the most significant factor. As such, as long as the newer non-Brembos are as thick as the Brembos, they will probably have nearly the capacity to absorb heat as the Brembos do. Stopping distances of all the brakes available for the G should be very close as long as none of them are fading.

Honestly though, for serious tracking, even the Brembos are sized a bit on the small side. For these people, I'd recommend an even larger brake system or at the very least, pads designed to handle higher temps, and perhaps removal of the dust shields and maybe even airducts to help bring more air to rotors.
THe G stops very impressive.. I wouldnt see any reason to spend the extra money on the brembos... If your going hardcore, youd want to get a new brake system that is better than the brembos...

Even if your doing autocross, IMHO, the stock brakes will handle things just fine!

racerxl99
Car: 240sx se, wrx,

u guys freaking rock. thanks. i was gonna buy the evo but i didnt want to deal with all the hassle and bs so i came to my conclusion that the g35 is for me. thanks again.

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”