Infiniti G20 - reliable???

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
J-W
Car: Corolla 95

My brother and I are thinking of buying a standard 2002 G20 (used) and I was just wondering if its a reliable car (will it last many years if its well maintained? or will it falter in a couple years?). Also, because it is a discontinued model (I think it is.. right?) , and if I had to get it repaired.. would they be able to get the parts for it, considering that its discontinued?

Im just looking for some opinions on whether you think its a good car or not. Thanks.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

G20 is one of the most reliable cars money can buy.

Its heart is the SR20de which is overdesigned for this application ,will likely last as long as you care to put gas in it (assuming regular oil changes)

Parts are avilable the engine and tranny are very common and this sites sponors have warehouses full of parts for yor car.

IMO you will be able to buy parts in 5 , 10, 15 years maybe even longer w/ ease .

Since theyare kinda rare the only limitation you have will be not too many in junkyards for easy access to cheap used parts.

But definetly not a problematic car reliability and parts wise..(freind of mine is currently looking at a 99)

Fred..

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Oh and welcome to Nico!!..

RED_DET
Vendor
Car: 2004 6 speed G35 Sedan, 2011 G37x, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SR20DET, C7Z06

I will add to what fred said by saying that the junk yard abundance is actually growing quite rapidly. Seems as though in this area anyways. Every time I go to one of the local junkyards, he seems to have several p10's and p11's.

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

No major reliability issues with that SR or the P chassis, stout throughout.

Since the engine and chassis were so widely used by Nissan across the world, there are plenty of replacement parts available, I'm sure Nissan is still making them.

I have the same SR20DE motor (and Hitman has an almost identical one) in my 01 Sentra. No issues in 51k mi. and lots of guys are hitting the 100k on this version of the motor without a single hiccup.

The older versions are still ticking into the 2 and 300's with ease, probably a few out there beyond that.

Very solid buy if you're concern is reliability.

Welcome to NICO!

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”