Infiniti FX50S A/C noise

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
hussaindo
Car: Infiniti FX50 S 2010

Hello,

I have a problem with my car. I own 2010 Infiniti FX50S. The problem: a noise comes behind the dashboard only when the A/C is on. The noise gets louder every time I step on the gas. Note that when the A/C button is set on "off" and the system is on "refresh mode", the noise fades away/stops. But once I switch on A/C button the noise comes out again. Also, as I mentioned earlier the noise only comes from behind the dashboard not from the engine itself. My dealer replaced the compressor with a brand new one, but the noise is still there.

PLEASE help me with this one. The noise is really really annoying!

gofast24
Car: 2009 FX50S / All Options / Black w/Wheat

When the system is on recirculate mode you will notice some air flow noise from under the glove box area. I dont know how much noise you have though? I also have a FX50S and this noise is barley noticeable. Have the dealer check it out again.

Q45tech
Car: 1990 Q45 342,400 miles 22 years ownership with original engine
1995 G20t 5 speed 334,000 miles 16" 2002 wheels - 205/50/16 Sr20ve vvl

RadioSack sells sound level meters which measure sound in units of DB SPL with differing frequency filter curves.
When describing [suspecting] anomolies important to be scientific and PRECISE.

How loud is loud compared to what?

Why many mazazines delineate the sound pressure levels inside cable with accurate test equipment..........where cars are described within 1.0 DB SPL Cweighed.

seldomseen
Car: '12 Altima Coupe 3.5 SR & '15 Lexus GS350 F Sport

You may be stuck with the problem until a few hundred other new FX owners report this problem to the dealerships so that a solution can be looked into it by Infiniti. Then again, the problem may never get resolved. Infiniti cars seem to always have some sort of unresolvable dash related noises.

greggebhardt
Car: 2011 M56S
Black on Anthracite

I think I am getting the exact same noise from my 2011 M56s. It is more a moan or whine that penetrates the cabin. I can turn off the ac and it "fades away". The noise does not stop instantly but stops over a few seconds. I sounds like it is coming from somewhere behind the dash, almost a vacuum leak type noise. Application of the throttle makes it louder.

This is disturbing as I am looking into trading my M56s in for a 2010 FX50! The M56s is too low for me!
hussaindo wrote:Hello,

I have a problem with my car. I own 2010 Infiniti FX50S. The problem: a noise comes behind the dashboard only when the A/C is on. The noise gets louder every time I step on the gas. Note that when the A/C button is set on "off" and the system is on "refresh mode", the noise fades away/stops. But once I switch on A/C button the noise comes out again. Also, as I mentioned earlier the noise only comes from behind the dashboard not from the engine itself. My dealer replaced the compressor with a brand new one, but the noise is still there.

PLEASE help me with this one. The noise is really really annoying!

TunerM
Car: 09 FX 50S

I have a noise also while the A/C is on. Its a clicking noise. I believe its from the compressor. It changes frequency as RPM changes. Just going to bring it to the dealer and let them worry about it.

chrwel

greggebhardt I see you replied to this thread a while ago. If you are still around. Did you ever get to the source of the problem with the M56 whining noise? I have exactly the same issue and the dealership is hesitant to admit there is a problem to be fixed. Any insight would be great Could you email me on [email protected]

bweech
Car: 2009 Infiniti FX35
Premium + Touring
Mocha with Wheat

I think I have the same noise. It isn't a clicking noise. More like the sound of static coming and going in a radio (but the radio is off). I notice it only when the ac is on fresh (not recirculate) and can usually reproduce it if I force the fan speed to change. I'll have to see if it changes with RPMs.

I've had the service manager hear it too and he thinks it is behind the glove box. They want me to bring it back in, but I'm not sure what they are going to do about it.

thatkiwiguy
Car: FX50

My FX50 had it too, compressor replaced, still there, very faint almost like a dull ticking..

infinitum7
Car: M45 & G37

I have a 2011 FX50 S that has a fairly annoying 'dry bearing' type sound when the AC is on. Typically, I only notice it around 5 mph or less (about the speed you drive in a mall parking lot, etc). I reported it to the dealer and they said it is 'normal' for the AC compressor to sound that way. I was in recently for another service and the dealer said that another customer had complained about this noise on their FX too. They said they have reported it to the Infiniti engineers in hopes of receiving a solution for the noise. Haven't heard anything back in about 2 months. I think it's just something I'm going to have to live with.

The noise I hear doesn't sound like ticking, but I often hear a ticking sound when I'm outside the car and it's idling. It might be coming from the fuel injectors as they are under high pressure and tend to tick when they deliver a shot of fuel into the cylinder. I don't hear it when I'm in the car though. HTH.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”