INFINITI FX45 CRUISE CONTROL NO WORKY AT ALL

Got questions about your Infiniti? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
fastline
Car: FX45

Bought the car 2 yrs ago and put 5K miles on it (now 55K), 2003.

Everytime CC is initiated, the green light comes on followed by an amber light. holding down the on/off button (override ICC) does not work. It worked for me one time for about 10 seconds and I turned it off to try it again and it never worked again. As I understand it, holding down the on button will override the need for the IR sensor so even if that was damaged, it should still work as standard CC. I don't have anything. I have the service manual and have extensive electric background and troubleshooting but shooting blind here without a scan of the vehicle.

Also wondering about the Consult II software. I know the Nissan dealer has it BUT is there some other programming on them for the Infiniti stuff? IE, can I take the car to a Nissan dealer to get the body codes for the ICC system? I am sure once I know what it is detecting, it will help me find the problem.

fastline
Car: FX45

I have not heard that to be the case. Indication from Infiniti techs is that if the sensor is inop, it should still work in manual mode. Some have even painted over their sensors to eliminate the thing from even coming on. I cannot prove that because I do not have the logic variables in front of me but going off what others have indicated.

Return to “Infiniti Online Mechanic”