Infiniti fx35 2004 ECU P1446

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
Grisha
Car: Infiniti FX35 2004

Hi everybody

On my Infiniti Fx35 2004, SES light permanently on, with P1446 EVAP vent contr. valve close
I have tried everithing possible smoke test for leak, change valve itself (however old one was working well), change gas canister cap and so on, but all the same.
Recently mechanics found out that ECU gives the falt, and it seems that it has been changed before, (not initial)
They suspect that ECU was installed wrong one with regard of emission control,
Federal emission complying on California car.
Is this can be the reason for P 1446? I have spent lot of time and money, and now ECU which is quite expens.
Is this unit ECU differs with this regard to be complying Federal or California emission rules?
On offers never see the options identify this issue.

Grisha

Is it anybody to help me with below case?

Grisha

Below are questions, pls reply if some ideas
Hi everybody

On my Infiniti Fx35 2004, SES light permanently on, with P1446 EVAP vent contr. valve close
I have tried everithing possible smoke test for leak, change valve itself (however old one was working well), change gas canister cap and so on, but all the same.
Recently mechanics found out that ECU gives the falt, and it seems that it has been changed before, (not initial)
They suspect that ECU was installed wrong one with regard of emission control,
Federal emission complying on California car.
Is this can be the reason for P 1446? I have spent lot of time and money, and now ECU which is quite expens.
Is this unit ECU differs with this regard to be complying Federal or California emission rules?
On offers never see the options identify this issue.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”