infiniti fx window module?

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
infinitifx35
Car: 2010 infiniti fx35 stock

I found this pretty dumb about infiniti's. You can hold down your unlock button and your windows will go down but theres no way to put them up unless u go in the car and do it yourself. Its pretty cool that you can do that to let hot air out before you enter your car but I've seen some others cars where you can lock your door and the windows will go up. I heard u can get computer programed to do that. Anyone know where.

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

Hello there and Welcome to Nico.

First off I'd like to congratulate you on the new FX, I really like them, what color combo and package did you get?

There has been plenty of debate over the years since Infiniti and Nissan started using this feature in models starting between 2002-03. The only way to raise all of the windows is insert the mechanical key in the drivers door key hole and turning and holding the key in the LOCK direction.

Why you can put the windows down and not up is a little odd but it has been that way for a while so they obviously wanted it that way.

infinitifx35
Car: 2010 infiniti fx35 stock

Its a 2010 fx35 midnight mocha. Its the basic model no sports package or anything. I've seen some fx's where u can hold the lock button and the windows go back up, I think its from programing the computer in the car. Is that right?

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Welcome to NICO! :wavey:

Beautiful car you've got!

Yes, the inability to close the windows after opening them with the key fob is a bit ridiculous, but is understandable from a legal standpoint. You wouldn't want to have children hanging out of the window and accidentally have the key fob close the windows for whatever reason.

Luckily for you, though, that there IS a module available from KP Technologies that allows you to roll the windows up by pressing the "LOCK" button on your key fob twice! You can purchase on KP Technologies' website for $49.99 + shipping, here is a direct link to the product (be sure to select the Nissan/Infiniti product). It's a relatively easy install.

^^^ Restored Post

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”