Infiniti EX35 Parking Sensor "False Alarm"

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
clarkyoung

Greetings All,

My '10 EX35 runs well without any hardware issue for the last 7 years. Recently when it's sunny and the front bumper faces the sunshine for a while, the front left parking sensor will get into a "false alarm" state - it always shows as the "Collision-About-To-Happen Red" in the camera (and of course beeps loud!). I was able to push the sensor a little to clear this false alarm state a few times so far; however the last time it happened again was due to the hot weather alone (the car was then in a garage not exposed to the sunshine) and I cannot clear it yet.

Can you please advise the possible reasons?

Regards,

Clark

XIS
Car: 08 EX35 RWD
17 QX30 Sport

I have an 08 and although I don't have the front camera, I have the parking / proximity sensors. I get false alarms every so often at stoplights when I am the first in line. I can never figure out why...the common factor each time for me is the white crosswalk lines. I am usually lined up near the white line when it goes off...and it is consistent at one specific intersection. ?? hmmmm...

schaffs04
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey AWD Premium. Blue Slate/Wheat

I also have an 08 with a similar setup to XIS and get the same thing. Mine seems to pick up curbs and sign posts. Not a clue. At least the bypass is a switch that remains activated after turning the car off.

imnprsd
Car: 2004 Infiniti FX45

I would like to add parking sensors to my new2me 2004 FX45. However, I am not sure where to drill the holes? Maybe you can post a picture of your rear bumper so I can see Infiniti drilled the holes? ...I would really appreciate it!

My research also reveals that the first step to fixing a parking sensor before you go about replacing it is SIMPLE... just spray the sensor with WD40 to drive the moisture out! Apparently, the WD40 will enters the cracks and after you wipe clean your sensors may start to work. No kidding!

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”