Infiniti EX35 at Orange County Car Show - Oct. 4-7

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
Mark Booth

My wife and I, along with a friend that is also interested in the new EX35, drove up to the Orange County Car Show to check out the model on display. Unfortunately, it was a pre-production model and we weren't allowed to sit in it. The spokesmodel wasn't even allowed to open any of the doors. But, when she realized we were very serious buyers, she did let us step up on the platform and peek in the windows.

I think the EX35 will be my next new car! How quickly that happens depends on how quickly the dealer gets in the color combination/package that I want, as well as if the dealer is trying to jack us on the price. I can wait for things to calm down a bit or order the car if I have to. But if everything falls in place correctly, I will be buying one in December (pending how we like sitting in and driving the car).

I took some photos:

Mark

Mark Booth

Wow... the forum software changed the aspect of my photos. Weird!

To see the photos in proper aspect, right-click (and open them in a new window).

Mark

ChaosAttractor

How large is the vehicle in person? I'm trying to get a sense of the proportions.

I'm interested in a CUV/SUV and one of the key factors that favors SUVs is the height/visibility. I know you didn't get to sit in the EX35, but is the seat higher than that of a sedan?

AlexF

I love it, looks great!

Mark Booth

Sorry it took me so long to reply.

To my eye, the EX35 does have more ground clearance than a G35. So, yes, I believe you will sit at least 3-4 inches taller in the EX35.

In person, the EX35 seems "just right" in size. At least, for me. Exterior wise, it seems to be just a touch bigger than the Nissan Rogue. Unfortunately, due to the EX35's rear-wheel drive (with more engine compartment space required), I believe the EX35 will actually have a bit less interior room than a Rogue. At least one review I've read (can't remember where) mentioned that rear-passenger leg room was a bit cramped on the EX35.

Sadly, that might be a deal breaker for us. I won't know until I sit in an EX35, adjust the front seats to where we need them, and then try out the rear seats.

Mark

madsentra

Saw it at our local State Fair.

Looks perfect, great size, similar to a Murano in size, maybe a tiny bit smaller. With all the plush leather it felt a little smaller, too. It also sits a little lower than the FX, bet it's a blast to drive.

Either way, it's hot.

Jesda

Nice Subaru.

wheelman322
Car: 2007 Infiniti M45 Sport Aero Kit Black on Bourbon, 08 Yukon Denali Stealth Grey, 3 Mint Cadillac Fle

Jesda wrote:Nice Subaru.
Gotta agree with Jesda...And not just b/c I know him from the Cadillac forum;)

michel
Car: 2008 fully loaded EX35 AWD Dark Currant and Stone interior

now thats funny

michel
Car: 2008 fully loaded EX35 AWD Dark Currant and Stone interior

but in all fairness.

The tribeca is MSRP 52.5K CA$ and leases at 1.9% for a average monthly payment, without cash down of 1,007$CA. Thats called a ripoff as the residual is way too low.

The auto MFG are F...... (excuse my french) as they are caught between lowering credit financing or raising the residual as a way to deal with the latest Canado-USA dollar situation.

My dealer says the price will range from 45K to 55K CA$. that is high for this vehicle. It should be around 39k and 49k or at least leasing should reflect this price setting.

as for the similarities with the Tribeca, only the tale is look alike. It's like compaqring Mandy Moore to Roger Moore (hehe).

Still waiting for my Scarlet Silver eith Custom Wheat interior AWD to arrive at the dealership. They are lending me a 2008 ALTIMA for now!

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”