Infant Seats

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
RubenTheRogue
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD

OK, so maybe we should have test fitted the infant safety seat in the Rogue before we bought it...rookie parent mistake #1 of many...

According to the Nissan site the Graco InfantSafeSeat is recommended for the Rogue. The Graco SnugRide 32 is the same exact seat, same dimensions, same replacement part #s, everything. So, we bought it, high recommedations and crash test scores....the SnugRide 32 that is...

Tried intalling using the LATCH system. Easy as pie, but for the infant seat to clip in, the passenger front seat has to be completely upright and ALL THE WAY FORWARD! No one could ride in the front passenger seat if they had legs.

Installing in the center position must utilize the funky center shoulder belt, not so easy. Cannot use the LATCH system as the clips are more than 11" apart, neither the infant seat's nor Rogue's user manuals recommend the LATCH in center position. The front seats are still pulled up a bit more than fully comfortable and almost completely upright. What a PITA, Nissan mislead us on this advice...

All that being said, I decided to go on a seat fitting spree, tried 6 of the top rated seats and the worst 2 rated seats. Low and behold, the worst recommended base & carrier seats fit! The only infant seats that fit behind the passenger seat and still allow somewhat of a comfortable position in the front are the stand-alone infant seats (not the base & carrier designs).

So, now we're stuck with an awkward-fitting, but very safe infant seat for the least amount of time possible...as soon as our kid can go into a convertible rear/front facing seat, she will. In the meantime, I am going to start looking at replacing my Saturn with an XTerra...

My advice: TEST FIT BEFORE BUYING THE SEAT!!!!

Return to “Rogue Forum”