Inexpensive gift for a new Nissan owner?

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
euturbo4

Howdy all,

My brother just recently turned 16 and we're going to be surprising him with a 2001 Sentra SE 5spd... I think it has the performance package (I haven't seen it yet), and I'd like to get him something car related because I have yet to get him a gift. I know nothing about Nissans really, I'm a european fan (98 Audi A4 1.8T myself)... although I helped a friend install an SR20DET into his 240sx. What is an inexpensive gift I can get for my brother? I'm thinking $20-30... at most $40 (no money, I'm in college and I have to make my car payments). Is there a cheap performance part or maybe a nice keychain or something I can get him for that?

In addition... what can you guys tell me about this car? I believe a version of the SR20DE resides under the hood... I assume theres a pretty good aftermarket for it right?

Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

OneFastStanza
Car: '02 SE-R Spec V, '92 Stanza, '97 Maxima, '04 Vue Redline. '04 F250

Hmmm well for $40 or so I hate to say there is not a whole lot out there but you may be able to swing a Nismo keychain or something somewhere for that price which would be cool. You could prolly find a Nissan keychain somewhere for cheaper that would be nice.

Yes the SE comes with a SR20DE which is a nice motor. There isn't a whole lot out there for the SE like if you wanted to go forced induction but you can find all the bolt-ons for it and suspension parts from any B15 so there is no shortage of nice suspension setups.

And the Audis are very nice cars also. I have been wanting to get my paws on an S4 for a while now :D

BenSR2095Se-R
Car: Drag, chillen wit my wifey, workin on cars with friends

go to ebay and get him a pop style air fliter w/ the maf adapter for $15 plus shipping. he would definitely like the sound of that once he installs it.

Ben

euturbo4

BenSR2095Se-R wrote:go to ebay and get him a pop style air fliter w/ the maf adapter for $15 plus shipping. he would definitely like the sound of that once he installs it.

Ben

Hey BenSR20... excuse my ignorance... but is this what you're referring to?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...33659

Thanks

OneFastStanza

That should be it. Hmmm I didn't think you could find one so cheap. Yeah I am sure he would appreciate that and it will sound cool :)

BenSR2095Se-R

yep that's the one man. cheap speed is always good. plus it'll put a smile on his face once he romps on that sucka:D u could probably pick him up a nice front strut bar too. im not sure if they have those b15 strut bars on ebay though.

Ben

euturbo4

A quick technical question...

I was looking in the engine bay of the Sentra, specifically at the intake... when putting this new air filter you guys are talking about... is there going to need to be some heat shielding installed? It seems like the cone would be more prone to pull in hot air from the engine bay. Perhaps I'm visualizing the new filter wrong in the bay...

OneFastStanza

Yeah it prolly will pull in some hot air in the filter but it is kind of hard to determine how much if any it would affect the performance.

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

That Ebay item also says 91-94', and pardon my ignorance as well (it was quite a surprise for them to give me a Sentra), will that fit an 01'? Car-geek brothers are cool...

OneFastStanza

No that particular one will not fit a '01. You would have to find one for a 01' SE actually. Just search around eBay a little.

auto180sx
Car: my car

all the maf adapters are the same, so it should fit, that was the first upgrade i did on my car. i bought one of the maf adapters from autozone and a k&n cone filter. all four screw didnt fit on mine, but we just did the top two really tight, and used electrial tape around it all

BenSR2095Se-R

that's what i thought too. you could play around with the holes or get thinner bolts to make it fit. u shouldnt have a fitment issue. and with the wai intake, i dont think you would lose any hp. matter of fact, some of the guys runnin wai end up with better times.

Ben

nacho_nissan
Car: sr20 S13 and B13

sorry guys,but this is just a sorry air filter...(and adapter)Actually the stock air box would do better than that air filter,just imagine all that hot air trying to get through that air filter! well personaly i wouldnt go for that,but if you want to try it,go on...

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Not all MAF's are the same bolt pattern. I know for a fact that the 02+ Sentra and Maxima MAF's are different. I tried puting an NX filter on my car when I first got it and it wouldn't fit. Then we tried to put it on a rental Maxima and it wouldn't fit there either. But I think the 02 Sentra and Maxima is the same. But anyway....

deftdrummer
Car: cars, drums, music, technology

you can get the awesome nismo keychains for about $20 off ebay. Theyre round, double sided and say "nismo" on it, they are way cooler than the stock key!

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”