Indianapolis Area Meet Saturday, April 5th at BW3s

Including IL, IN, KY, TN, MI, and OH
gniknave
Car: 2000 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
2008 Honda Civic EX (Sedan)

stopatnothing wrote:
Haha its all good man, I didn't lose any sleep over it. I would've at least come up to you guys and said something, but the dude near the door was being surprisingly gay about it, I guess he thought I was tryin to drink or something. But yea, BW3s is normally a pretty good spot, especially with the parking lot and the fact its real close to 465. Anyway, I'd definitely love to make it out to another, especially after I pick up my new car so I'd like to see another one get put together by someone else.

Anyway, looks like it turned out pretty nicely, glad the guys who made it had a good time!
The little black lady at the door was a total ***** too. I'm 26 but my brother is 19 and she was making a huge scene over it. I asked to speak to the manager and it took him forever to come out so we went ahead and sat in the 21+ section anyway. He finally came out and asked my brother his age and then said "Ok you need to get out of my bar area now". I told him that he didn't need to talk to my brother like that and we were waiting to speak to a manager for a long time. He kept talking rudely to my brother and I was getting pretty pissed off, so I just left and got something to eat elsewhere and waited in the parking lot. There was no way I was giving them my business after being treated like that. I understand if rules are rules but that doesn't give them the green light to be bungholes.
Boosted335i wrote:It was nice to meet fellow car enthusiasts at the meet, even though I didn't have a Nissan/Infiniti anymore.

It was a shame more folks didn't stick around for the cruise downtown and the photoshoot by Evan.Maybe next time I'll detail my car instead of taking it through a car wash, my rims looked nasty.
I carry a bunch of wheel cleaner, microfiber towels, and tire shine with me all the time. If you had mentioned that you would have been well taken care of
Repo Man wrote:Looks like you guys had a good time! I wish I could have been there but have to work pretty much every Saturday. Perhaps next one can be on a Sunday?

Who was it that called me at work to get Evan's number? Did you find them?
Yeah we have to get the next one on a Sunday. It's not the same without you man. BTW for anybody else my number is (317) 956-7548. If you're ever in the mood for a photo shoot give me a call.
heliochrome85 wrote:does any one know of a good tint place? My friend has a mini and ziebarts quoted him 160.
Ziebart does a good job. $160 isn't a bad price. That's what mine cost.

dmorgan
Car: 1989 240sx-project car....R.I.P. 1991 240sx-daily driver...sold
1989 240sx-daily drifter

gniknave wrote:
Ziebart does a good job. $160 isn't a bad price. That's what mine cost.
yeah they also have a lifetime guarintee on it so if anything happens to it take it back and they will fix it for free

strange_ka24de
Car: 2001 Nissan Altima SE

I'll need to get to a few more meets. I was kind of a clam there. Meeting new people for a change so I was pretty quiet. I need to make sure to wash and clean my car next time too.

Off Subject:By the way... anyone seen any place that is hiring part-time anywhere in the evenings?

All the place I went to want me to speak Spanish.

heliochrome85
Car: 2006 G35 Sport Coupe Athens Blue/Slate with Sport and Premium Packages--SOLD

yeah, thats where i got mine done. i wasnt sure if anyone knew of another place worth checking out.

strange_ka24de
Car: 2001 Nissan Altima SE

There was this shop up on 96th street that isn't there anymore when I had my Eclipse done, but they moved or went out of business since then. Don't know where if they moved, but it was "Omega Motorsports" and they did a pretty darn good job. Paid 150 dollars to have all the windows done. You all know how big that rear window is too.

Their number is 595-1600 I actually just called them. They said 140 for 20% add another 20 for 5%. If you have a light interior you can probably get away with 5%. I remember at 5% you don't get a any proof of purchase or a warrant, but stay at 20% you should also be fine.

Getting my Altima done this weekend anyways. Too bright for me.
Modified by strange_ka24de at 2:06 PM 4/8/2008

gniknave

I'm going to put together a meet/drive/video/photoshoot for sometime in June or July. It should be something fun that I have yet to see anyone else do on this forum for a meet. I'm hoping we can keep it exciting and break away from the old stand around and kick eachothers tire's type of meets.

I have a couple of video cameras with suction mounts and I'm creating a headrest mount to make for some great video action. I know a lot of nice roads we car drive on down in Brown County. I'll keep you guys posted.

heliochrome85
Car: 2006 G35 Sport Coupe Athens Blue/Slate with Sport and Premium Packages--SOLD

very cool. hopefully, ill be in the country when this goes down.

kewlaid210
Car: 2005 Infinity G35 6MT Coupe

Sorry I couldn't make it this past weekend for the meet. Unfortunatly, I was shooting pool all weekend at a state tournament, and could not get away. I like the picture. You really shot some cool angles. The weather was helpful too this weekend. I definatly want to go to the next meeting.

Amugaba
Car: 05 G35 COUPE 5AT

Hell~~ yeah, thanks for the information, I can't find any place would do less than 30% now I can get it done b4 next meeting!

stopatnothing
Car: Scooty Puff Jr. and NEW! Scooty Puff Sr.

gniknave wrote:
The little black lady at the door was a total ***** too. I'm 26 but my brother is 19 and she was making a huge scene over it. I asked to speak to the manager and it took him forever to come out so we went ahead and sat in the 21+ section anyway. He finally came out and asked my brother his age and then said "Ok you need to get out of my bar area now". I told him that he didn't need to talk to my brother like that and we were waiting to speak to a manager for a long time. He kept talking rudely to my brother and I was getting pretty pissed off, so I just left and got something to eat elsewhere and waited in the parking lot. There was no way I was giving them my business after being treated like that. I understand if rules are rules but that doesn't give them the green light to be bungholes.
Yea, it was the bigger black dude that was givin me sh*t about it. Hah, I thought about being a douche back to him and being like "ya know, none of these people wouldn't even be here had I not organized this" blah blah blah just to be a prick, but my better half got to me and I just cut my losses. I had a bunch of stuff to do anyway and I had to make time in that to make it to the meet anyway. I'd be down to meet there again as long as the first few people sit in the 18+ section haha.

Boosted335i
Car: 335i Coupe

Brown county does have some great roads. I particularly like the area by Lake Monroe. The bridge there is particularly nice.

If my bud with the Z32 comes, then I'll be there too.

gniknave

testing to see if .tiff images work on Nico...

heliochrome85

not really working for me..

gniknave

Hmm... it works for me.

Here's some more. I did some serious photoshop work because a lot of the shots just didn't come out good at all. This was my first real photo shoot of the year so I was quite rusty. A lot of the photos aren't even worth posting.

More to come...

Boosted335i
Car: 335i Coupe

Great shots nonetheless Evan.

Looking forward to seeing the rest.

wynnEZ
Car: 90 240 CA POWA!

Contrast and Gaussian blur right?

heliochrome85

at the very least, some saturation.

cwolv
Car: 93.5 kj1 p10

so, when's the next meet? im ready this time lol.

been a busy two weeks with all this good weather.put in an axle the day of the last meet. since then ive installed HID, changed the oil and trans fluid, upper half of HS CAI, Carbon Fiber pillar covers, hood struts and today i FINALLY installed my new suspension, teins, agx and eps flat-top mounts:

w00t! shes getting a well deserved bath tomorrow

heliochrome85

Hey evanDo you know if that garage is open at night? I want to take a series of pics similar to those we took. Any experience?

gniknave

heliochrome85 wrote:Hey evanDo you know if that garage is open at night? I want to take a series of pics similar to those we took. Any experience?
Yeah it's open at night. I took the night shots around 10pm. It's always good to check to make sure there's no events going on, but thanks to the Pacers choking and not making the playoffs the lot should be empty.

PS

My apologies for the delay in posting the rest of the pics. They're just not that good at all, and I'm sort of ashamed of the work. But I'm trying to correct what I can.

heliochrome85

HAHA. dont worry about the pics. when i shoot, i take tons, just to get a few good ones. Ill have to check out the garage. Hopefully it isnt manned at night. As you know, the staff doesnt really like me. (or see me)

gniknave

heliochrome85 wrote:HAHA. dont worry about the pics. when i shoot, i take tons, just to get a few good ones. Ill have to check out the garage. Hopefully it isnt manned at night. As you know, the staff doesnt really like me. (or see me)
Tariq,

Give me a call when you go out to do your night shots. I was downtown last night around White River Park & the Canal and found some nice areas for awsome shots. The best time to shoot is after 10pm. 317-956-7548

heliochrome85

yeah def. i was gonna do it this week, but it didnt pan out. hopefulyl when the weather clears up...

heliochrome85

i might head downtown tomrrow night and take a few pics. with any luck they will turn out nicely. i just have to get my car prepped for it.

Return to “Central Region”