In search of front shock!

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
Dfokuswithak
Car: 1999 Infiniti Q45T

Hello everyone!

So I blew the front right strut on my 99 q45t. Was wondering if anyone knew where I could get an OEM replacement! Used or new!

Thanks y’all

fontana dan
Car: 1997 Infiniti Q45

You might be able to have yours rebuilt. These OEM shocks are getting very hard to find in working condition.
I put KYB SR Special NSC6004 in the front of my 1997 Q45 base model. Very happy, but I had to source them from Japan.

Dfokuswithak

fontana dan wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:54 pm
You might be able to have yours rebuilt. These OEM shocks are getting very hard to find in working condition.
I put KYB SR Special NSC6004 in the front of my 1997 Q45 base model. Very happy, but I had to source them from Japan.
I have Espelir springs on my touring model and they ride almost as well as OEM! I was thinking about coilovers but didn’t want to give up the ride feel.
Thanks man will definitely look into getting them rebuilt!

Ludeaem
Car: 2000 Infiniti Q45 AE

I just put KYB lowfer shock inserts in the front and I'm not too keen on them. I would go the SR Special route if ride comfort is a larger concern

macgiver

I have like a 3 year old too LENGTHY nico post , how I unscrewed the top of J30 front struts that are attached to knuckle , there is motorcylce " shock-oil " to pour in after a THOROUGH BRAKLEEN of inside etc. I added 3/4" more oil - they seriously ride better than when I got car w/ 76k. I can't find things on the search here , as others have said .......you may want to try and find it .....Q45 similar?
Worked great , it has now stiffer / better nimble cornering , tough on bumps etc,etc. :spitout:

Reason ? .......circa 2004...............the complete strut-knuckle was I believe $$ 979.xx at INFIN Dealers
2 bottles shock oil= $12.99 Checker :lolling: Factory struts were scarce and hard to order too

p.s. Jack oil , it had fine-print on backside " suitable for motorcycle shock fill " :yesnod

Just found the bottle .....Solder Seal / Gunk part # M3312 tall yellow bottle with tapered tip ....ya

I see just now price went up a little ! :chuckle: AND many makers of this NOW

Dfokuswithak

Ludeaem wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:43 am
I just put KYB lowfer shock inserts in the front and I'm not too keen on them. I would go the SR Special route if ride comfort is a larger concern
Do they have SR specials for the touring trim? Don’t really care about the active suspension, just don’t want to have to cut and weld on the new strut to the spindle.

Thanks!

Dfokuswithak

macgiver wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:50 pm
I have like a 3 year old too LENGTHY nico post , how I unscrewed the top of J30 front struts that are attached to knuckle , there is motorcylce " shock-oil " to pour in after a THOROUGH BRAKLEEN of inside etc. I added 3/4" more oil - they seriously ride better than when I got car w/ 76k. I can't find things on the search here , as others have said .......you may want to try and find it .....Q45 similar?
Worked great , it has now stiffer / better nimble cornering , tough on bumps etc,etc. :spitout:

Reason ? .......circa 2004...............the complete strut-knuckle was I believe $$ 979.xx at INFIN Dealers
2 bottles shock oil= $12.99 Checker :lolling: Factory struts were scarce and hard to order too

p.s. Jack oil , it had fine-print on backside " suitable for motorcycle shock fill " :yesnod

Just found the bottle .....Solder Seal / Gunk part # M3312 tall yellow bottle with tapered tip ....ya

I see just now price went up a little ! :chuckle: AND many makers of this NOW
I’m intrigued. Going to have to try this

macgiver

OK , I'll just refer to you as Df...ok :) , when you mentioned "....blew out my shock...." , was a little vague as to severe physical damage OR " last bump killed it " , or just they're weak . So I try to put 'THINGS' like Di'nero would say.... ' helps ' that usually are way out side the box - with the idea that IF it helps , it helps you and IF it doesn't . it doesn't , but I figure it WILL help a dozen OTHER nicoclubbers who , whatever reason , in this case from BUYING NEW EXPENSIVE HARD TO FIND SZH1TT so, I hope it is an option you in particular can capitalize on , and others too !
I have bad luck trying to do nico search and job done early 2000's , my write-up here was mid-way between then & now I believe . There is details I still remember ..TO KNOW...so come back w/ any questions for a more in depth.
Good luck....... :cool:

98_Q45

I brought mine at Infinitipartsdeal, but at the time they were $275 each plus tax and shipping. Whole strut but no springs. That sucked. Still holding up, but my boots have started to rip. There’s also the Megan’s $1,200 a set. But they won’t sell just the front

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”