In-Cabin Air Filter (Activated Carbon)

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
GixxerSteve
Car: 2004 Infiniti FX35, 2003 Infiniti G35

So I've been looking around for a replacement in-cabin air filter for my FX35 and my G35, and I was thinking about getting the active carbon filters instead of the regular white filters which I have now. But I didn't want to spend over $100 on two filters for the cars, which is what it would cost me if I got the Nissan OEM ones!!! I found some aftermarket filters that are activated carbon made by a company called FilterMaster ( http://store.filtermaster.com/mu2se2ma2al2.html ). I'd never heard of the brand, and I didn't want to buy a cheap-o filter, but for $25 each + shipping, this sounded like a great option. So I ordered two filters last Friday.

The filters were delivered today by UPS. Found the box on my doorstep at around noon. When I opened the package, inside were two individual boxes with the filters inside (as you can see in the picture below). Each box contained one cabin filter sealed in plastic wrap and also installation instructions. As for the quality of the actual filter, I can say that it is very solid construction. The material is thick, and compared to my standard paper filter, this active carbon filter is much heavier. I've never used an active carbon filter before, so maybe this is how heavy the OEM ones are too. Fitment was perfect; the dimensions are the same as the OEM filters. In any case, I am very pleased with this filter; it looks and feels like a quality product. I'd definately recommend this filter for anyone replacing their in-cabin filter; at $25 it's a steal. They also sell the standard white filters for $15.

xerexabante
Car: 02 q45, 02 max se

i looked at my owners manual and says you can clean them. that is what i do. rinse and dry.

GixxerSteve
Car: 2004 Infiniti FX35, 2003 Infiniti G35

xerexabante wrote:i looked at my owners manual and says you can clean them. that is what i do. rinse and dry.
Ok. I'm a member of this and several other Infiniti forums regarding my FX and G, and I've never heard of anyone washing their paper filter and reusing it, let alone to save $15. Hope it works out for you.

xerexabante
Car: 02 q45, 02 max se

read the owners manual, i don't mind spending but why need to.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”