Import Racer Magazine! Kiss my Azz!!

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
maxpsi

I am tired of people in magazines talking about how powerless a KA is. Truth is, i will take on any Sr they could put together! Import Racer magazine this month talks about the KAs near the end of the mag. Its says how torqueless that the KA is and how much more torque the Sr has. Are these people idoits or what? I guess they are only saying what these companies that sell SRs tell them to say. We would be fools to even listen to what any magazine says about our cars. Anyway, if everyone could email import racer magazine i would appreciate it. i am trying to challenge them into having a build match and putting it in the mag. Email them if you can! Also, if you would like to participate in this, just leave a message here.

Former_240_s14
Car: 07 BMW 335i Coupe

If you leave an email message I would love to give them a piece of my mind about the ka being "torquless". They are not obviously doing their homework again. Its idiotic trying to compare a na motor to a forced induction motor. Thats like saying the ka is so pathetic to the ka-t. . . DUH!!!!.

Hey maxpsi, just give me the email and I will aid in your effort to have them do an article of build-ups with the ka and sr. I think it would be an insightful and smart thing for them to do.

george
Car: autocross

Max psi, **** Import Racer, i am getting my motor, a ka, ready to run 30psi plus nitrous, so give me the email and i will contact them and fax them a dyno sheet and if they wanna pit a ka aganist a sr20 i will be more than willing to accomodate them

shack

george wrote:Max psi, **** Import Racer, i am getting my motor, a ka, ready to run 30psi plus nitrous, so give me the email and i will contact them and fax them a dyno sheet and if they wanna pit a ka aganist a sr20 i will be more than willing to accomodate them

That's a lot of boost. How are you going to hold all that boost.

george

built internals, studs, metal head gasket, and some serious tuning.

Turbo_Nismo_EC
Car: My truck...of course

Nice...I like that idea of challenging Import Racer.

Daunttless

Unfortunately no, thats what we have your scathing wit and these forums for K. : )

Former_240_s14

Well guys I just sent an email to import racer mag. I let them know "respectfully that is" that there are a number of 240 owners that are upset about the trash talked ka. I also dared them to do a build up contest "and offered them to use my motor, lol". I will let you all know if they write back.Rubin

george

former 240sx, whats the email address? i will email them and tell them they can use my car.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

while the KA24 is the Nissan equivalent of a 305 chevy that doesn't mean you should just give up on it. I don't see very many that are noteworthy but it's not impossible and there are a few that really prove the besmirched reputation is not warranted. Any chump with the coin can point and click an SR into his car but a ballsy KA takes some doin and the respect should be given. Screw the magazines, they devote four pages to installing a set of glow in the dark pedal covers and call it "tech", they suck.

Former_240_s14

Hey George its http://www.importracermag.com I sent them email under editorial section. We'll see if that works. Cross you fingers guys.

SSDwellah
Car: '90 Z32 Coupe w/ VH45DE + 5-speed (FOR SALE)
'06 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT
'08 Frontier 4x4 SE KC

Hey on a side note, take their survey of what car you have. The highest percentage (14%) had Honda Civics and 35% percent had Honda/Acuras so can you blame the writers for dumbing down their tech articles :D

What we need is a webzine like Nissan Performance Magazine to go into print with more articles and Nissan specific adverts... that's be cool.

bigdave240
Car: cars, riding motorcycles

i never remember seeing anything about the KA being torqueless... all i saw was a caption in a drifting article saying something like "the 180sx with its sr20det has plenty of torque for drifting, too bad we're stuck with the ka-powered 240sx" thats not an exact quote, but it was something like that. anyhoo.... yeah, import racer still sucks.

Lsnaple

all of them pretty much suck.i like to look and read about what other 240 owners have,but i would really like to see them stop cause all theyre doing is making the honda/acura owners want one and drop in a SR.just to show you all how stupid some can be, i read in one magazine from a integra owner wanting to know where he can buy a ''rear limited slip differential'' because he read an article where they put one on a 240.s/he doesnt even know what drivetrain he has.now these dumbasses want to buy a 240 cause F&F talked about putting in a SR into a S2000.WTF?

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”