Imorting Questions

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
DJO_MD
Car: 2004 Xterra SE/SC

Alright, I have been reading most of the topics on the forum about importing skylines into the US, and it seems mostly like a lost cause unless you go through Motorex. But next year I will be going to college, most likely in Vermont, in a city that is only about an hour outside of Canada. This document about Canada's import laws, http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/E/p...e.pdf, says that a vehicle manufactured outside of the US or Canada to meet the safety specs of that country may be imported as long as it is 15 years or older. With that in mind, wouldn't it be possible to import an R32 that is at least 15 years old and get it licensed and such in Canada, or do you have to be a Canadian citizen to do so?

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Yes, it's completely legal in Canada, so long as it's registered there. I don't know what Canada law requires to register a car in that country (as far as being a US citizen), but if you can register a car, then you can register a Skyline.

jdms13rhd
Car: Silvia Convertible, RB30 Ceffy

Im a importer in Canada and have many Skylines registered. Since recently I cant even drive my car down to montana without a TIB " Temp import bond" which guarentees the car will come back in so and so time and still I need aproval from DOT in DC to even drive the car in the states. This is only at one boarder crossing though and they have caught on but I assume that all us customs will know about canadian Skylines crossing and will have some rules in affect. So pretty much dont count on geting a Skyline registered in Canada and sneaking it into US. Big trouble can be had!!!! Sorry guys but if you want cheap skylines just move to Canada and get a visa and I will be happy to sell you a R32 for nice and cheap!!!

R33skyline

i got my skyline from mike at [email protected] and it state legal u can bring skyline in the us like long island where it international territory from there u they work there magic and soon enought u got ur skyline it take me about a couple a days to get my but it worth it just tell him dave with the gts-t send u
Modified by R33skyline at 12:41 AM 12/30/2005

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”