ImBackBitches - The RE-BUILD thread

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
ImBackBitches
Car: 1991 Nissan 240SX
Mazworx SR2.2 Stroker, etc

Finally starting to work on my car again. Brief hiatus to raise some kids and do the family thing.
I'm pulling parts out, and getting things together.

My first question for every one is - what's the best way to clean carpets up? small oil stains etc.... pretty sure a drink spilled and s***.... Can I get better results if I pull them? or should I just have them cleaned in the car?

Here are some pics of the beginning of the journey
Bunch of shots of parts in the cabin
Couple shots of the car with a garage built around it

And These are why I pulled it apart. Took a piece of a valve through my cam journals. Since I'm old and broke now, and couldn't afford a new race head. We decided to make it work. So I'm hoping that this will function as an oil trough, and not a catastrophic point of failure

Otherwise head is ready to go

Minor melting - standard lol

Plans for now are to fully inspect the block and make sure I'm good. Then order a RIDICULOUSLY OVERPRICED Mazworx 90mm, 1/2" Head stud Headgasket as well as rings and bearings from the same place.
Anyone know if someone makes a headgasket in that size for less than 350US?

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

That's a pretty specific head gasket. Might just have to bite the bullet and take it.

I used to have a Greddy shift knob just like the one in one of your pictures. That thing got HOT in the summer.

As far as carpets go, I've had decent luck with SHOUT auto... its a spray can and has a brush built into the cap. If that doesn't get it to where you want, you'll either have to pull the carpets or bring it to a detail shop or something for them to use the industrial s*** on.

Clutchwork
Car: '04 Nissan 350Z

This thread lookin like it has potential.

See if you can get a handheld steam washers for the carpets. Like they use on carpet in houses, but smaller, not sure if that's really a thing but I think that would be about what you need.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”