Illuminated Kick Plates

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
Big_Tone
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56x (White w Java interior; Tech Pkg)
PPE Headers; HPS Intake
Custom 2 1/4” exhaust with Jones Exhaust X-Pipe
Infiniti Sport mufflers

Hey guys. I noticed recently that both the driver and passenger side illuminated kick plates don't light up. I tried checking to see if there is a blown fuse, but I'm not sure where it is. I'm not sure if the lights are damaged, if it's a fuse or something else. Has anyone else had this happen? If so, what was the resolution? Is this even covered by the extended warranty? FYI the LEDs in the driver and passenger side door handles don't light up anymore, either. Thanks in advance for any help!

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

The last time any of my interior lights failed, it was a set of fuses. If you look in the fuse box at the lower driver's side by the park brake, my car needed the three fuses in the center of the bottom row. I blew them whilst upgrading to LED interior lights without disconnecting the battery. I would check those three fuses first, then check the rest. I think there is a guide to which fuse does what on the inside of that cover.

EdBwoy

The multiple light failure does point to a fuse issue in my mind as well. The FSM might get you to which exact fuse fairly quickly, but checking all your fuses isnt usually a bad idea - just seems unnecessary in this case.

Thankfully my door handle lights are still functional. However, I had an issue with both illuminated kick plates not coming on in a 2011 Deluxe package.
I peeled the driver kick panel (use the guide on installing the illuminated plates) and traced the wires to a wrapped connection point. There was a receptacle that held a glass fuse, and I found this fuse to be blown.
When I replaced the fuse, only the passenger plate turned on. The driver side was dead and no amount of electric wizardry was going to turn the light on - so I'll find a replacement/tear into it at some point in the future.

satown210
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37
2005 Nissan Xterra Off Road

Just a reminder that fuses don't blow without reason. That means there is or was a short. Never replace it with a larger fuse, that leads to electrical fires.

Big_Tone
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56x (White w Java interior; Tech Pkg)
PPE Headers; HPS Intake
Custom 2 1/4” exhaust with Jones Exhaust X-Pipe
Infiniti Sport mufflers

Thanks everyone! I wanted to work on this over the weekend, but the weekend was packed with wife/kids stuff. I'll take a look this week and report my findings.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”