Illinois+shops

Including ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, MN, IA, MO, and WI
fabrisuzu
Car: 1992 240 coupe w/sr

Hey guys Im in sort of a tight spot. As some of you may know I bought a 91 240sx last year and planned to do the sr swap this summer but i didnt have the time. I have the sr motor/trans/ecu/wiring harness, a fmic kit, short throw shifter, and all the other things i need to do it. this was my fun car so i didnt really worry. well now my daily driver is takin a crap on me so im stuck on what to do. if i sell it and my dd, i m going to try and buy my buddy's 1998 cobra, but if i can find a shop that willd o it for a reasonable price, i could just make my 240 my dd. Im not near my car and im goin to school so i donth have the time to do it myself. I was just wondering if any of you have went to a good shop in the norther part of IL or souther part of WI. I already started the removal of the ka so it doesnt drive anymore but i could have my parents trailer it somewhere. thanks for the help-Nick

574-240sx
Car: Nissans, Toyotas, Subaru

I would say touge factory if they aren't backed up. If not I would be willing to do the swap in my storage garage, I'm a little more then a hour from chicago.

BallzDeep1.9L
Car: '02 WRX Wagon: SOLD
'93 240SX Coupe: SOLD
'11 Ram: SOLD
'11 F-150: rotted into oblivion
'17 Frontier: Basic AF

STAY AWAY FROM REV HARD AUTO IN ROCK ISLAND, IL!!!! i doubt you'll go that far south.. just giving you some friendly advice.. i know a lot of former employees, a friend who got parts stolen off of his car while it was there, and another friend who had them "build" his engine, he then promptly had to get $2000 in diagnostic work done to it, and have the engine rebuilt again because there were metal shavings in the oil

fabrisuzu
Car: 1992 240 coupe w/sr

Hey guys sorry it took so long for me to respond. I appreciate the help and will be checking out touge factory. I also found out that ams is right by my house as well. Well long story short, i got my dd fixed, it broke again, got it fixed again and offloaded it at a stealership as a downpayment for the truck my dad bought so he let me drive he jetta until i left for germany. Thats where i am right now, and i had to sell my old 240 to get here. Now i bought another one from a buddy of mine that is already silvia swapped with the sr. Thanks again for the help!

Return to “Midwest Region”