Ignition miss

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
weissman
Car: 2007 M35X Tech/

Hi all.

07 m35x. 224K miles.

A miss has developed after getting my radiator replaced. Cannot see how they are related. Recently had valve cover gaskets and O rings for crankshaft sensors replaced due to oil leak prior to cooling system work. New plugs and I think wires also at 200 K. Been told all ignition coils are fully seated.

No code has set

When up to operating temperature, the miss appears. Rougher in D at idle, but still shows up in N. Cleaned throttle body, MAF sensor and all connectors with proper cleaners. Miss still there but maybe not as jarring.

Car runs fine. Miss not evident while driving.

Hope the above is cogent. Any suggestions as to next steps welcomed.

Merry Christmas!

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

That's an interesting one. Was going to say check the connectors but if you already did that then I'm not sure.

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

could be a coil going bad. They are getting pretty old and a lot of miles.

weissman

Thanks.

The connectors I sprayed with cleaner were for the TB and the MAF. I thought to clean the coil connectors, but as I Enigma pointed out, the original ones are past their prime most likely, so planning to replace all six coils. Plan to spray the plugs then.

Seems pretty straightforward, but any tips you've learned along the way?

weissman

Miss fixed.

Replaced all coils. A couple were a little tricky. Did the right three yesterday, and the miss wasn't as pronounced. Did the left three today, and no more miss. I guess I had one going bad on each side. It runs great.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”