IFO in KC Sept 6th?

Including ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, MN, IA, MO, and WI
GODCHSR
Car: 1996 Nissan 240sx

Who's going to the Import Face Off in KC?

I'm going and hopefully will run my S14 in the 13 second drag class.

Figured if there was enough of us we might try and save a large area to park all our cars.

Clip from the IFO website:IFO is the only nationally touring Import series that can successfully register, park, judge, and award 150 to 350 show car entries within one day. This quick, easy process is one reason IFO has grown to be the largest touring Import series in the nation. After purchasing your score card at the front gate, park exactly where and how the judges tell you (inside the yellow tape).

Contestants are welcome to bring pop up tents, grills, and chairs, just be sure to tell judges before parking that you will need an open spot next to your car. The judges will not give you space after another car has already been parked next to you. If you are wanting to park with your car club, make sure the entire team arrives at the same time. If you come inside together, you will be parked together.

During judging, do not talk to the judges. IFO is a one day event, so judges do not have time to listen to contestants give details on all their modifications. If the judges have a question about your car, they will ask you.

Another reason IFO has grown to be the largest Import series is because of it's fair judging. However, realize that all car show judging and some classing is based on opinion. Judging is a qualitative, not quantitative process. Another words, having the most modifications does not guarantee a win. If you lose, bow out gracefully and do not complain. IFO will not listen to illegitimate complaints on judging (example, “my car should have won because it's a prettier red!”). However, if there is an obvious mistake and you have a legitimate complaint, feel free to ask the judges immediately after the awards ceremony (example, “why did a Honda Civic win the Best Nissan class?”).

I thought about bringing a Large Canopy and setting up a grill... nothing hardcore... just burgers and dogs.
Modified by GODCHSR at 1:14 PM 8/13/2009

usar89b
Car: 89 Nissan 240sx

Where are they holding this, and what time do they open? Is there a website with details?

GODCHSR
Car: 1996 Nissan 240sx

It's over at the KCIR strip near Independence.

http://www.importfaceoff.net/

usar89b
Car: 89 Nissan 240sx

Ok. I'll go if I don't forget!

Return to “Midwest Region”