If Motorex can "legalize" Skylines, regular people have to be able to do the same...

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
HashiriyaS14
Car: 95 S14, 08 CL9, 08 NPS50, 03 Ninja 250, '60 Super Cub

Those 1970s GT-Rs are EXPENSIVE, like $80k for a 2-door in good condition.

Mmmmmm....Hakosuka. I looked into getting one brought over, thought it'd be cheap, thought wrong. There are precious few of them left. I'm not sure what other sweet JDM-only cars are out there that would meet the 25 year criteria. 240z, but you can buy that here.

Jala47
Car: 1999 Green Nissan Altima GXE

http://www.freshalloy.com/inte....html

Found that link after reading all this (didnt bother reading much more then the 1st paragraph though..so if for some reason it's off topic .. oh well lol)

Saint
Car: 1999 Civic SI

Ok. To cut to the chase.If I had all these friggan doccuments.Could I walk to the DMV and get a Skyline leagal?What's next?Sounds simplistic, But letts keep it moooooving.I'm just a regular Joe I want to get it done.

gsxtasee
Car: racing anything and everything

well if oyu read the entire thread then you would know the answer to your own question... wouldn't you? (hint: you should)

Saint
Car: 1999 Civic SI

Thank you for the wonderfully constructive anser.Now to the forum members who went threw all the trubble of reaserching these questions and have shown the generosityto sheir their info with all of ous.If I was to accuire a faxed coppy of these forms from the DOT;could I bring that and the emissions results to the local DMV refereeget a plate for it so it's leagle?If so. how about a "How To "section?For the record I talked to my local emissions spot in Atlanta, GA and he had no problme passing a 240SX with a RB26DETT in it if all the emissions equipment was installed and working.Streight Legit. No $100 under the table nonsence.

gsxtasee
Car: racing anything and everything

actually, if you'd taken the time to take my advice and read the entire thread instead of asking for someone to answer the question for you (again) that is already answered in this thread, you would have found my answer to be quite constructive.

Also notice that I, constructively speaking, own a Skyline and am somewhat aware of the what I am talking about in reference to the process of getting Skylines legalized here in the U.S.

but for you, because your special (ina constructive sort of way), here's the answer again:

no, you cannot take any papers to anybody and get any skyline legal here in the U.S. according to federal regulations... regardless of whether or not you'r ein a state who's government cares about federal laws...and get it legalized unless you are a RI and can prove you have done what Motorex proved would make the cars pass DOT requirements. and here's one other tip about that.... you can not do it.

If you want a Skyline, buy one already legalized is my best advice. You can take that however you like.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”