If i remove tps, just to look at it, does it need to be readjusted before reinstall??

Got questions about your Nissan? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
QuinGarcia

I want to check out my tps to se if it's ok. Can I just pull it out off and throw it back on if it's ok, or does it need to be readjusted when I reisntall it? How do I readjust?

NateDogg

Taking it off will not allow you to determine if it's working or not.You have to test it while it's on the car with the key in the 'ON' but not running position.

Test using a voltmeter and check the specified values from your FSM or Chiltons.

QuinGarcia

I have the Chilton's, but it is terrible. I do not have the FSM which would probably solve my problem. I know that the TPS on my car registers one amount of voltage at idle and another amount at WOT (and I assume that it transmits no voltage at part throttle). There is one electrical connection which is built into my TPS which has three prongs, then there is a bundle of wires coming out of the top of the TPS and the connector at the end of that has 3 prongs as well. I don't know which terminals of these 6 I should be testing, how I should conduct the testing, or what values I am looking for to indicate proper adjustment. All I know is that the ignition should be in the on position, but not running. If I do need to adjust the values, do I just rotate the housing? Couldja help me out, thanx

Return to “Nissan Online Mechanic”