Idle Dip After Torque Rod Service

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
Theironman117
Car: 2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL Sedan QR25DE CVT

Hey all,

I posted last week about the torque rod service featuring TSB NTB10-121B and I took it to the dealership on Monday and they performed the service. No more jerky acceleration. However, I have noticed when the engine is warmed up, I'll stop at a red light and the idle will dip down to 400 or so RPM's for about a second then will jump back up to normal levels. It only happens for about 2-3 seconds then it returns to normal. I did some more research into it and found no other TSB related to this issue.

My question is, could this be a new issue that has appeared after this service or would this be related to that work the dealership did on Monday? I have read some people have cleaned out their throttle body and that fixed their issue and others have done the idle relearn procedure which fixed their issue. What do you all recommend I could do to mitigate this issue? The engine never stalls out but it sure seems like it will cause it shakes violently when it dips.

My car is a 2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL Sedan with approx. 140k miles.

Any/all input is appreciated.

Thank you all and God bless us in these trying times...

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The torque mount replacements won't cause anything like that, but the TCM reprogram could. The repro changes the "slip" parameters for the torque converter, releasing TC lockup early and allowing slightly more slip under most circumstances. However, your ECM may be a dated version that now isn't handling the firmware change correctly. The ECM and TCM have to work hand in hand, so I'd first suggest making sure your ECM firmware is the latest version, and update it if not. Since they'll do an IAVL (Idle Air Volume Learn) as part of the procedure to re-match the MAF and ECM, if you're planning to clean the throttle body anyway, doing it before any repro would be a good idea.

Theironman117
Car: 2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL Sedan QR25DE CVT

Thanks, Vstar, I appreciate it!

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

You're most welcome!

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”