Idea of lease deals on EX35

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
JT4
Car: EX35 2WD Journey Prem/Nav/Luxe/Tech

?Currently I am driving an FX35 and the lease ends in a few months. I have been interested in an EX35 because of the new engine and latest technology. This morning I dropped by my dealer for a few minutes to see four EX35's on the lot on of which had a sold sign on it. I was unable to stay long enough to sit in one and much less talk to anyone about them. I am curious of what lease deals anyone has been able to get. Seems like the car I would want would sticker at around $43K. My FX35 is loaded with just about everything and it's sticker was $47K. I put down about $4K and my payments are about $525 on a 39 month lease. I am hoping to be in a similar situation with the EX but it seems lease rates are not that great at the moment. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Modified by JT4 at 5:38 AM 12/29/2007
Modified by JT4 at 5:39 AM 12/29/2007

techman01

Without pushing too hard dealers by me are offerrng 39 months @ around $650 a month with $3500 down...

I'm looking for similar deal as you and originally they wanted sticker but now that isn't the case...

Shop around and don't be afraid to walk and you will get a better deal.

I'll let you know what I get when I get it...but I'm in NYTech

JT4

Thanks for the info techman. I have seen the deal you have said from two different dealers and that included them absorbing one way or another the last three payments on my FX. Last night I visited a very large Infiniti dealer who who claims to be the largest volume Infiniti dealer around. While they are not admitting it I believe that Infiniti must be disappointed in current EX35 sales and should offering better deal soon enough. I was offered a loaded 2007 M35 Sport w/ Nav at $630 39 months $2,500 down and turning in my FX with 3 payments left. I am fairly they will go to $610. I would really want the 2008 though. Do let us know if you find something interesting.

techman01

The dealer I was at today had a bunch of e35's on the lot while another truck just pulled up full of e35's for delivery so when I go back there next week and they still have the same amount of e35's, we will know they are def not selling as fast as the claim they are. He claimed alot of them were already sold on that truck so we will see.

I also hate taking first cars when they first come out as I don't want to be the person working out the bugs in the software...

What color combo were you looking at? I want black on the outside but can't make up my mind which color leather I want...decisions...decisions

Tech

michel
Car: 2008 fully loaded EX35 AWD Dark Currant and Stone interior

just for your information on the Canadian side of the border. my dark Currant with Stone interior fully loaded is going for 51,5K CAD compared with 46,5k USD with same options. Lease rates are 5.9% 39 months. How much is it in the USA? 4%?

techman01

And I purchased(leased) today with a final price of $3300 below sticker.

Fully loaded: Nav, Tech, Premium & Lux pkg(no wood)

Black on Black(Black obsidian with graphite leather).

Payments @ 15,000 miles are @ 615 3500 down(taxes/fees).

Picking up @ the end of the month. Shop around, the deals are out there. I went to 5 different dealers! With one dealer insisting I should pay $730 a month...

What insurance rates is everyone getting quoted?
Modified by techman01 at 7:26 PM 1/17/2008

Diamond Skyline
Car: '04 Skyline 350GT 6MT

yeah i am also curious on what people got for lease rates as i will be purchasing my EX35 in a month..

So people please post the details of your purchase! it would be much appreciated!

Mark Booth

I'm curious why so many folks who lease vehicles refer to it as "purchasing" the vehicle? (I see leasing referred to that way in other places too.)

It has always been my opinion that leasing is more akin to "renting" a vehicle.

Am I missing something here?

BTW, this is not intended as a bash on leasing. Whatever suits your own financial needs is the way to go.

Mark

JT4

Mark Booth wrote:I'm curious why so many folks who lease vehicles refer to it as "purchasing" the vehicle? (I see leasing referred to that way in other places too.)
I realize that for the consumer it does make more sense to call it a long term rental. For the dealer it is a sale regardless if it is a real sale or a lease as they sold the car to the consumer or the leasing company. I lease as it is a company car and an expense deduction for the business. Beyond that I like to always have a fairly new car that is under warranty.

From the leases posted here and elsewhere it looks like dealers are starting to make some deals. I imagine it will continue to get a little better. My FX lease is over in May so I have some time unless I get a really great offer as I have visited three dealers and they all know I am waiting on an offer I can't refuse.

Widman
Car: 2007 BMW335 convertible, 2011 EX35

Just received my Dark Currant/Stone EX with premium, nav, luxe pkg, roof rails, wood trim, AWD journey, MSRP $43,265 for $500 over invoice, 36 mo. lease, 12k miles/yr., $1,000 down and $610 monthly. This is from a California Bay Area dealer.

Very impressed with performance/handling/transmission. Great seats. A great car for techo buffs, with many ways to listen to music: FM, XM, CD, iPod, Memory Card, or burn your CDs to its Hard Drive! iPod hookup and displayed information is the best I have seen. The nav is quite intuitive, especially with voice recognition.

Spent some time trying to figure out how to haul bikes and kayaks. The Infiniti cross bars are useless, as they only have a 19" spread, not adjustable fore and aft and load max. is only 100 lbs. Thule or Yakima cross bars are the best solution. Then attach the accessory carriers. If anyone is interested, I will let you know how noisy they are at highway speed. Go for it and enjoy the ride!

chichi
Car: 2088 EX 35 Journey
2011 G37S Limited Edition Convertible

Congrats on your new car. I have one one on order in the same color but I'm uncertain as to what the color looks like in real life vs. brochures and online. Can you please describe and possibly provide a photo. I would greatly appreciate it .

-Chi

charlesh88

Hi Widman,Sounds like you got a great deal. Also, thanks for the info about the crossbars, as I've got bikes to carry around and will now definitely opt for the Yakima solution.

Out of my test drives (EX35, 08 Acura RDX, 09 Murano) I definitely liked the EX the best and am pretty sure that's what I want to go after. I also live in San Rafael - did you buy from Infiniti of Marin, or other? Do you have a particular sales person to recommend? Any info highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Widman
Car: 2007 BMW335 convertible, 2011 EX35

I bought my EX from Infiniti of Marin. They had a good inventory. I initially ordered one with the chestnut interior, but then decided to take the one in the showroom, which had all the options I ordered but with the stone interior. The salesman was Dan Booch, new there, but not to new car sales. Cordial man and willing to help make the deal happen. Also worked with the sales mgr, Emil.

Just got back from a spin down the coast to Pescadero, and am even more impressed with the car after some road time in it. The engine, trans and suspension are just fabulous. Since I also own a BMW335i conv., I have a good benchmark to compare it to.

Those who whine about the lack of room in the back seat are missing the point of this great car. Today I had a friend in the back seat who is 6'4" and said he was comfortable (as long as the driver in front is not also tall). If one needs loads of back seat room, there are tons if big SUVs on the market. I traded in my Touareg because I did not need the size and weight. Infiniti did their homework on this car.

The only things missing on it are electric hatch, folding mirrors and rain sensing wipers (oh, also movable cross bars). But they made up for these omissions with a great drivers car.

Jon_
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey AWD

I have the same vehicle as above (Dark Currant and brown interior w Tec, Nav, Prem, Lux, rails and bars.

The currant looks quite nice. In some lights its a bit purply. In others more brown. My kids like the idea that its a PURPLECAR but its not as purple, for example, as the similarly colored PTCruiser. I've heard only compliments. Purchased in bay area with cash for 150 over invoice (plus a few nice keychains) after much haggling with multiple dealers. Did not specify color combo, this is just what I got so perhaps the dealers think they'll have trouble moving this color combo.zeropost?cmd=reply&id=3362856#

One feature nobody talks about, but that I am really liking, is inifiniti's implementation of adaptie cruise control. Drove up the SF peninsula on 101 from San Jose to SF without ever hitting the gas or brake pedal. Combine it with LDW/LDA and the damn thing is almost driving itself, at one point rolling almost to a stop with traffic.

chichi
Car: 2088 EX 35 Journey
2011 G37S Limited Edition Convertible

jon_Thanks for the response on the color question. I found the idea of a purple car a lot less appealing than a brown one. I can live with a mix, if you will, of the two. :static/icons.html#

charlesh88

Thanks Widman, that's very helpful.

I drove the EX again today, just after a 2nd run on the Acura RDX. Serious difference: the EX has that smooth power and drives so well. The Acura now looks like it's out of the running for me.

The nav system is also much, much better. iPhone integration is also amazing - immediately on plugging in my iPhone, the stereo system automatically started playing the very last thing I was listening to. Music selection, playlists -- everything in the iPhone iPod menu was available via the nav system interface. I am very impressed.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”