ICC Intelligent Cruise Control

Got questions about your Infiniti? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
levin91e

Does anyone on this forum have access to the Target Board for calibrating the intelligent cruise control system? If so would you mind taking a picture and measuring some dimensions of it for me. I asked my dealer if I could see it, and the service manager said they didn't even have one, which i found very suspicious. I am asking because I need to construct one for my bodyshop. Techmate wants 1200 dollars for a new one. That is bs to me since all it is, is a reflective board with a design on it. thanks in advance for any help

Infinitiguy19
Car: 1993 Infiniti Q45 188580 Miles
1994 Infiniti Q45a 240000 Miles

Sorry mate a 5 min. Google search yielded nothing. And the service manual isn't much of help either, try another dealership.

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

Welcome,

I have access to the above listed things but I am not sure what you would use them for? Having the target board will do nothing for you if you do not have a Consult and some practice. The target board is only 1 small part of a large procedure that has an almost non existent margin of error. Wouldn't it be cheaper/easier as an owner to sublet that type of work as there is really little demand and profit potential in this.

levin91e

SteveTheTech wrote:Welcome,

I have access to the above listed things but I am not sure what you would use them for? Having the target board will do nothing for you if you do not have a Consult and some practice. The target board is only 1 small part of a large procedure that has an almost non existent margin of error. Wouldn't it be cheaper/easier as an owner to sublet that type of work as there is really little demand and profit potential in this.
SteveTheTech, thanks for your response. I have the consult III, and I use it all the time on customer cars. I perform the laser beam aiming on toyota vehicles all the time, and I know how exact the procedure is. I have the service manual for my G37 coupe which is what I plan to test out my own target board with if I get the dimensions to construct it. The procedure for the G37 is very similar to the procedure on the toyota's and Lexus according to the service manual. I would just purchase the board myself however I like to tinker, not to mention it is overpriced in my opinion. Anyway I appreciate if you can get me the dimensions.

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

Ahh I see now.

My comments are mostly directed at those without Consult software.

I will try to get those measurements to you. The board was actually modified by dealers as part of a compliance TSB from a few years ago. The total height is cut about 3 inches but the height is adjustable on the stand and is crucial. Check your assist for the tape setup.

How do you get updates for your CIII? I have always wondering how/if it is possible to keep one running without syncing, I've heard they stop running after a certain period of time.

levin91e

SteveTheTech wrote:Ahh I see now.

My comments are mostly directed at those without Consult software.

I will try to get those measurements to you. The board was actually modified by dealers as part of a compliance TSB from a few years ago. The total height is cut about 3 inches but the height is adjustable on the stand and is crucial. Check your assist for the tape setup.

How do you get updates for your CIII? I have always wondering how/if it is possible to keep one running without syncing, I've heard they stop running after a certain period of time.
Yea without the ConsultIII you are dead in the water with a lot of the cars systems. The cost to get it wasn't cheap however it has already paid for it self since I know longer have to sub out work to the dealer to repair and certify the airbag systems and tpms systems. There are a lot of OBDII and CAN bus scanners out there that cost alot of money but none of them have the ability to work with the specialized proprietary systems in today's cars unfortunately.

Your also right that you need to keep the ConsultIII software up to date. However I have not yet run into any issues with the consult just stop working. Though I have had an issue with working on a new model year car and my consult not yet having been updated to support that vehicle. But that is just a simple matter of updating the software as soon as updates come out. For Nissan and Infiniti vehicles the software updates and service info is available at these two websites for public purchase or subscription. https://www.nissan-techinfo.com/ https://www.infiniti-techinfo.com/ I don't use ASIST, I looked into subscribing to it a while back, however I haven't needed it since all the info is available from the two websites above. Infact I was just reading that TSB about cutting the bottom of the target board to make clearance for cars with sensors that are lower to the ground. Thanks again for taking the time to help.

levin91e

Hey Steve any luck getting those measurements?

Return to “Infiniti Online Mechanic”