I30t

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
Mayhem_J30
Car: Ummm...My Car

got the pearl white 96 I30t this weekend from Heavy23. the car looks sharp. tranny and motor are running way better then i expected with 120000 miles. seems perfect to me. the damage on the rear does unfortunately go a little farther then skin deep. if you look closely the right side of the trunk is got a bit larger gap. it seals tight and closed but something is off when inspected closely. the paint on the bumper is salvagable by buffing, oddly though the accident did bend metal on the under side of the bumper. amazing the paint help up better then the body... go figure. the shocks and brakes are completely shot, but those are easy and i will most likely go ahead and switch over to eibachs and adjustable koni's. the interior needs a good make over, but nothing i can't handle. The CD player needs to be repaired and the fog lights don't work for some reason. Maybe it has to do with the fact that the passenger side fog light is half full of water. I also noticed that the head lights seemed real foggy. I'm guessing that the plastic just needs to be replaced or maybe polished or buffed...can you do that with plastic?the hotel we stayed in was the fairfield mariot inn in midtown atlanta. really nice city BTW. even in the ghetto the town was clean.:confused: A lot of SUV"s with 22" rims there. And a crap load of infiniti's and nissan sedans. There are Z poster boards everywhere. Besides getting lost for 2 hours one night just to get a hamburger we had a really good time in Atlanta.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Can't wait to see it at the meet.

I wish I didnt have to pay off my college loans, cutting a huge check tomorrow that should make a dent in one of my two.Other wise I would have picked it up as a second car for the fun of it.

Be sure to post some pcis to members ride section.

Fred...:)

Mayhem_J30

i'll get pics up but gotta do a few things first. like clean the paint up and lower dat bish

theTony
Car: umm.....Cars??

Can't wait to see it!! Wanna race??? lol

Mayhem_J30

TonyVQ wrote:Can't wait to see it!! Wanna race??? lol

uhh..no thanks. lets see...3.0 - 3.5 = -0.5. I don't come ahead with that one.

Mayhem_J30

Does anybody know the OEM wheel mass for the I30t?

Stoneage_Turbo
Car: just about anything

" I also noticed that the head lights seemed real foggy. I'm guessing that the plastic just needs to be replaced or maybe polished or buffed...can you do that with plastic?"

i think i just used pain old turbtle car wax and made the headlights on mothers 93 T bird come out nice and clear . wax them first , it will take some elbow grease too so be ready .....you do have to keep up on it tho , i had to recoat her car every 6 months

theTony
Car: umm.....Cars??

Mayhem_J30 wrote:I also noticed that the head lights seemed real foggy. I'm guessing that the plastic just needs to be replaced or maybe polished or buffed...can you do that with plastic?

Hey Chris I was just thinking, I have some stuff called Blue Magic plastic and plexiglass cleaner that I use to get rid of the haze on my headlights. We might want to see if that will work...

Mayhem_J30

TonyVQ wrote:Hey Chris I was just thinking, I have some stuff called Blue Magic plastic and plexiglass cleaner that I use to get rid of the haze on my headlights. We might want to see if that will work...

cool, i'll try it.thanks guys for your input.

Return to “General Chat”