I30 P0420 Code

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
coryg

I have a I30t with 62k, year 2000.

It just threw the CEL and I went to the infiniti dealer to get the codes pulled. They wanted 1 hour of labor! So off to autozone and ended up with the P0420.

I have been reading around on this code and it seems that there should be an updated firmware they can load to resolve this. Any more information on this or where I can read up on that would be great.

Also, since the car is out of warranty, is this something covered in the federal emission warranty? Any ideas or suggestion will be very appreciated.

Regards. Cory

NISTECH

It needs an ECM reprogram, as I understand it this particular ECM has a longer warrenty which I am not sure if it applies only 2 california or if it is nation wide. But in either case if you have not had the ECM reprogram done yet you need to get it done.

coryg

Problem has been resolved by the dealer at no charge. Fix was to check the ECM programming and see if that had been done. It had, so they replaced an O2 and I beileve a cat.

Thanks.

maw1048
Car: 2000 Infiniti I30t

Any idea on which O2 Sensor was replaced? Rear or Front O2 Sensor?

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”