I want to talk about my knob.

Since so many NICOclub staffers and members own a Miata, here's a spot to discuss the car Nissan wishes it had built!
Jesda

Any suggestions for a cheap, clean-looking weighted shift knob?

The NA's shifter feels a little bit notchier than NB so I'd like to remedy that.

Kompresshun
Administrator
Car: 2020 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4, 2017 Ford F150 4x4 SuperCab 3.5L Ecoboost/10AT, 2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Offroad 5AT

I personally have been eying the "Voodoo" shift knobs for a while for mine.

http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Pe ... 028NC.html

I've looked at a ton of them and these are the best weighted ones i've found for the money.

Jesda

Nice!

I've seen some that claim to weigh 1lb. Is that... excessive? I wouldn't mind if shifts were a bit lighter but I don't want to completely lose the feel of moving through the gate.

Kompresshun
Administrator
Car: 2020 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4, 2017 Ford F150 4x4 SuperCab 3.5L Ecoboost/10AT, 2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Offroad 5AT

I don't think 1lb is really excessive. Honestly the stock NA knob is not bad on it's own though to me. It's already a lot more weighted than most standard aftermarket knobs. The Voodoo ones are the ones I hear everyone on the Miata forums talk about the most though. There are others out there too, but they are $75+ in most cases and unless we're talking something totally custom then I have no interest in spending that much on one.

I actually bought a Fiesta ST knob for mine earlier this year, but hated it because it was too light. I felt like I had to rip on the gear shifter to shift like I was used to, even though it was a lot more comfortable to use.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

I run a knob from an 08 350z. A stock 240sx knob should have a pretty good weight to it as well, although probably wont look as great. Granted, it'll be cheap as hell.

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

I used a Nismo knob in my NB, same thread pattern, sits a bit lower and I loved all the dumb looks I got ;) The guy I sold the car to didnt cars for it so that nismo knob now resides in my 350z.

Not a weighted knob but the miata transmission is fantastic and doesn't need any additional weight, i'd worry more about adding weight and wearing out the turret bushings quicker. Weighted knobs are great for fwd cars where linkage or cables makes the stock shifter feel vague.

Return to “Miata Madness”