i want to shoot him in the forehead!!

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
nlzmo400r
Car: cars

well guys i was at barnes and noble today, having some coffee and just relaxin (reading car and driver and such of course) and i ran across a magazine i'd never heard of before. its called MODIFIED, yep, thats it, well i began reading and ended up learning about a guy who has done the first left hand drive conversion to a skyline, using ONLY stock (oem) parts, anyway, they went on to discuss the engine, well they start off saying that the mods to this amazing engine include : blah blah blah.... etc, then they mention the skyline's engine code (and keep in mind this is a gt-r r33.....it was nice :)) they said the skylines "V6 RB25 engine produces 276 stock hp" bla bla, how could a magazine screw up THAT much on a feature car!!, i was piassed, and wanted to shoot the editor in the forehead, ok, im done

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Hence the reason you've never heard of that magazine.

creophus
Car: 240SX SE & 200SX

Wow, what a big mistake! Obviously these guys don't know their stuff!

nlzmo400r

yea i know, thats what i was thinking, i was throuroughly disgusted

Sami

nlzmo400r wrote:ended up learning about a guy who has done the first left hand drive conversion to a skyline, using ONLY stock (oem) parts
This is the first LHD conversion: http://www.helan.to/henri/frame-v.html

Was it the same?

nlzmo400r

mm, not too sure sami, i know its was a silver r33, and the magazine said it was the first lhd (however they also mentioned the skyline gt-r's 'powerful v6 rb25' so they're resources maybe be a lil tipsy also, i cant' remember the name of the guy, but if i heard it again, id recognize it

Sami

nlzmo400r wrote:mm, not too sure sami, i know its was a silver r33, and the magazine said it was the first lhd
It is not. It might be the first done in the US.

nlzmo400r

o sorry, thtas what i meant, was in the u.s, he lives in california i believe, they guy u showed me was from australia im assuming?

Sami

nlzmo400r wrote:o sorry, thtas what i meant, was in the u.s, he lives in california i believe, they guy u showed me was from australia im assuming?
He is in Finland and that is the first known LHD GT-R in the world. The guys who did it in US used his design and help to do theirs.

nlzmo400r

that sounds about right, thanks for the correct info sami

Altiman94
Car: Paintball, cars, outdoor sports

LHD, may I ask why?

Sami

Altiman94 wrote:LHD, may I ask why?
For Henri, it was a matter of conforming to the law at the time. Same with the cars in middle-East I think. For USA, I quess it is for people who can't drive a RHD.

nlzmo400r

and especially when driving on the right side of the road, ever tried passing on the right? especially around a big truck, its a hope and pray kinda thing since u have almost no visibility, and it would be the same thing when passing on the left with a RHD car, also, whever u pull through a drive through and such, they're all designed for LHD cars only (with hte exception of rally's), its just more logical to have a LHD car here in the states, although i wouldnt change mine of i had a skyline

Sami

nlzmo400r wrote:and especially when driving on the right side of the road, ever tried passing on the right?
You mean left? No big deal. I don't use drivethroughs much so that doesn't matter to me either. Even if you do, it's no big deal either. Toll booths, which I rarely use, the ladies almost always step out of the booth to get my fare, or just wave me through.

nlzmo400r

Sami wrote:You mean left? No big deal. I don't use drivethroughs much so that doesn't matter to me either. Even if you do, it's no big deal either. Toll booths, which I rarely use, the ladies almost always step out of the booth to get my fare, or just wave me through.
haha, yes i mean left, unles you're really drunk, but yes id maintain the originalness and keep it RHD myself, besides, itd be easier to get girls phone numbers at the redlights :naughty

surferbrat72
Car: i like to surf and golf and am growing a liking to paintball

ya that is true except that the drive thru's at checkers have a RHD (i guess you could say) window. but that editor leaving out the specs of the engine and all except the model or whatever would make me want to shoot him myself so i dont blame you for that!

nlzmo400r

ive never heard of checkers, we dont have them down here i guess

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

nlzmo400r wrote:ive never heard of checkers, we dont have them down here i guess

I've eaten at a Checkers in LA, so I know they are there.

nlzmo400r

maybe northern LA, but not down here, ive lived here forever and have never run across one, maybe perhaps off the interstate, but i travel i1o fairly often and have yet to see one

Onizuka
Car: 91 coupe w/s13 SR20DET 89 hatch w/s14 SR20DE

there is a company that sells Left hand drive conversion kits for the Skyline now, i saw it on the Speed channel.

surferbrat72
Car: i like to surf and golf and am growing a liking to paintball

ooo thats odd i fugured that they had them all over the place, but then again it may be just that i have grown up around them down here in florida

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”