i want to make my 1993 maxima faster

Discuss topics related to the VG and VE series engines.
93maxdvg
Car: 1993 Nissan Maxima

should i just stick with bolt ons such as exhaust and intake? i was thinking about doing a throttle body and a cold air intake.. any suggestions? right now its a stock vg30e with 160 hp 190 lbs of torque nd i was shooting for at least the 200 hp mark.

DizzyKitty
Car: 2000 Maxima SE- in pieces in yard...
2014 Versa Note - Wife's vroom vroom machine

intake will make your car faster
exhaust will make your car faster
turbos will make your car faster
red paint will make your car faster
dropping it out of a plane will make your car faster
rockets will make your car faster
you should do some research, yo!

Chris92SE
Car: 2017 QX30
2003 Pathfinder LE

The basic bolt ons will not get your car to 200 whp (dyno).

You will see improved performance with an aftermarket y-pipe, but you are talking about less than 10 hp. It is still the best "bang for the buck" mod for a 3rd gen Maxima.

An intake and exhaust free up a minimal amount of hp. Porting your intake and throttle body will get a minimal amount of increase.

Since your car is 93 with a VG, I know it's a GXE with an AT. The transmission is not very durable and any more performance than a few bolts ons will require a serious transmission build.

The VG can be made turbo, with the best method using parts from a VG30E-T out of a z31. It is still a lot of work and expense. The only other option is nitrous.

My recommendation is to upgrade your suspension. It will handle better and feel more sporty to drive. Eibachs and Tokicos or KYBs and some better wheels and tires.

Return to “VG30 / VE30 Forum”