i want to lower my 240. need suggestions....

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
92240sxin
Car: 92 240sx

i been reasearching new suspension to lower for my 240 but i dont know if i want to get coilovers or not. my 240 is pretty stock besides exhaust and intake. i wuld really like suggestions on lowering my 240. looking to go on the cheaper side i dont really need racing suspension. but i would like for adjustable coilovers. let me know what you guys think i would very much appreciate it.

Squaggle
Car: 89 240sx hatch

:naughty: coilovers are the way to go but theyre expensive. you really dont want to cheap out on them tho so you could just get a set of lowering springs to start and if you want to go more performancy later get some adjustable struts. probably works out to be about the same price as coilovers in the long run. or if you dont care about the ride quality you could always cut the stock springs

HellaFlushSR20s13
Car: 91 s13 Coupe
S13 Sr20det red top

If you are tryin to go cheap as in under 600 then go and get some kyb agx shocks with aftermarket lowering springs, this will drop the ride height and make it handle a little better. This sounds like ur best bet since it sounds like this is just for a daily driver... Coilovers are great they will perform 100x better and give you a more slammed stance but they are really expensive and a b**** to have on a daily driver (gets pretty bumpy). But if you do decide to go with them it's a world of difference from shocks and springs and to be quite honest you can get sets for cheaper out there. I dunno bout anymore but when I was still living in SD u could get a set of parts shop max coilovers for $950 andante they were pretty legit. I also had some buddies that bought second hand coilovers and had little to no problems with em (of course u gotta check em out first)

In summation if you want something simple and easy that wont break the bank- kyb agx shocks and (pick ur poison) lowering springs. Coilovers are better and can be attained without going for broke but will sacrifice daily driving comfort

92240sxin

ive been reseaching and have you ever heard of GSP or Godspeed coilovers? they r on the cheaper side i would love to get some tein or megan but they are in the 800-900$ range.

Razi
Car: Moo

What Hella said.
No need to be a hurry.
Godspeed coilovers are no good.

JDM240SXcoupe
Car: 1992 240sx coupe
1991 Crx Si

Cheapest you can get that.. Will lower the car till u hit the frame, will handle pretty damn good, 4 year warranty, and are only 1000 are Powered By Max competition coilovers. Thats ur best bet. Dont buy no cheap coilovers.

krash
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx Convertible

HellaFlushSR20s13 wrote:If you are tryin to go cheap as in under 600 then go and get some kyb agx shocks with aftermarket lowering springs, this will drop the ride height and make it handle a little better.
Yup. Thats what I have, I'm content with it. I'd like coils, but I'm still saving up for Fortune Auto coils. Seriously, don't cheap out on coils. For the cost of Godspeed coils you can buy a nice shock/spring setup, like hellaflush said.

92240sxin

i mean im just looking to lower not really go all out and make it a race car yet. still usign her as a daily driver. any good brands that i could look for adjustable springs? because im not quite sure how low i can go now. if i find a good set might just put them on my stock struts?

zooopreme
Car: 1993 240SX (S13)

Just for emphasis, coilovers + comfort don't go hand in hand. So a race feel will be apparent if you grab a set of any coils without modification to them. I have Fortune Autos on my car & their stock springs can be a little on the harsh side with bad roads (8/6K). I've driven the same coils with Swift Springs and it dramatically changed the feel. They handle road blemishes real well.

Don't limit yourself to one company. Stance, PBM (pros), Fortune Auto are all great entry level coilovers. If you want comfort, you will have to pay top dollar.

Moral of the story: invest correctly the first time.

kylemich
Car: s13

zooopreme wrote:Just for emphasis, coilovers + comfort don't go hand in hand. So a race feel will be apparent if you grab a set of any coils without modification to them. I have Fortune Autos on my car & their stock springs can be a little on the harsh side with bad roads (8/6K). I've driven the same coils with Swift Springs and it dramatically changed the feel. They handle road blemishes real well.

Don't limit yourself to one company. Stance, PBM (pros), Fortune Auto are all great entry level coilovers. If you want comfort, you will have to pay top dollar.

Moral of the story: invest correctly the first time.
This^
Do it right the first time. You will regret it if you don't and end up spending more money than you need too. Then in turn have a hard time re selling the regret you just bought and end up loosing money on it too.

92240sxin

so ive been lookin at some tein or megan coilovers both are in about the 900$ range. id really like to keep the comfort feel because its my daily driver right now... so shocks and springs would keep the comfort? i just dont really know how much i wanna drop it and dont wanna buy springs and want to drop it moree.

zooopreme

92240sxin wrote:so ive been lookin at some tein or megan coilovers both are in about the 900$ range. id really like to keep the comfort feel because its my daily driver right now... so shocks and springs would keep the comfort? i just dont really know how much i wanna drop it and dont wanna buy springs and want to drop it moree.
Tein is garbage for the money that you'll be dishing for them. With the a little bit more money, you could do a lot better such as PBM, Stance, Fortune Auto, DMAX, etc.

Megans are also garbage. Please do not buy them. They are cheap. The only benefit (and I mean the ONLY benefit) is the fact that their company offers extended brackets for wider wheels up in the front. Other than that, they aren't worth going to cheap way. The people that have bought them and are now trying to rid themselves of their mistakes have gone with the Swift Spring route. From their words, the ride has improved but there's a lot to coilovers and suspension than springs & going lower.

Shocks and springs are ideal for comfort. Lowering springs & adjustable dampening shocks will probably not satisfy your desire to go lower.

92240sxin

is it possible to find adjustable lowering springs???

paipothud11
Car: 1994 s13 Vert

92240sxin i have tein basic coilovers for sale there 18 months old, around 15k miles on them there in good condition, i want 500 for them if they have to be shipped. i live in Arlington Texas.

92240sxin

im really thinking about these kyb agx. i think whats on my 240 now r the kyb gr2. what do oyu think about skunk 2 lowering springs. they say they will drop between 2 and 2.5 inches. i think thats about what im looking for. i just would hate to buy the springs and want it lowered more. anybody have some pics of your 240 lowered around 2 to 3 inches???

zooopreme

92240sxin wrote: anybody have some pics of your 240 lowered around 2 to 3 inches???
Impossible. Even after they settle in. Unless you cut them.

92240sxin

oh well ive been looking at these ground clearance sleeves with eibach springs. just tryin to keep the price down seeing as im gonna have to buy camber kits as well.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”