I’ve tried everything and my airbag light won’t turn off!

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
98_Q45

So in the middle of this heater core project, I decide to take the center console arm rest off and reached the airbag diagnosis sensor. I went ahead and unplugged and took the ground off. Hoping everything would be good, I turn the car on and instead of it blinking like it always does, it now just stays on!

This has been going on since December of last year. It all started around the time I had replaced the clockspring and changed out the front seats. Since then I’ve unplugged the seats, did the ignition on/off 3, 4, 5 times trick, pressed the button on the driver’s side door a few times, etc etc. I’ve even tried to pull the bulb from the back, but there’s some kind of covering over it to where you can’t.

I’m thinking the only way is to go to Infiniti, but I had my Infiniti mechanic erase and scan the code when all this was being done. He said it said, passenger seat airbag. I wouldn’t be so bothered about it, but that red thing flashing tends to distract me from time to time.

I’m wondering if it’s the clockspring itself. It was some eBay one for $34. Everything works, but the airbag light won’t turn off.

macgiver

chock-up another notch for eBay . seriously .

98_Q45

macgiver wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:53 am
chock-up another notch for eBay . seriously .
...lol, please clarify?

Does anyone know if the turn the key to on, switch to off right before the flashing light comes on strategy has worked for them? I hear it works for Nissan and Infiniti’s...I just haven’t had luck or not doing it right. I’m going to try again, but there must be a fault somewhere.

98_Q45

Update: ended up just going to Infiniti and paying for the diagnostic, it was just a code stored from last year that never went away (despite me doing 100 things to reset everything). Light is finally not blinking after 11 months.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”