i think my life just ended... at the worst possible time...

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
kazzan11236
Car: 2008 Nissan Rouge SL-FWD-Fully Loaded-Tints

so i guess its my time...

im at 2600miles... havent even had the first oil change yet (3000 for me)...

and today (since my son is in the car and i cant blast the bose system)...

the radio was on about vol 8... and the whole entire ride i hear squeaking

from the center console... the piece between the gear shifter and the arm rest/cargo space...

then on the way home i can hear everytime i make a left or right turn... the squeaking happens...

even louder than going over bumps... i was supposed to buy the tow kit 2morrow

to tow my girls stuff to NY (she finally movin out )

i havent called nissan yet... i want it fixed but i dont wanna have to get the whole tranny replaced and get a temp car or something...

somebody what is the problem... is it the famous AWD tranny problem or a different one...?

daytrippr
Car: 2008 Blue AWD SL model Rogue

I don't think anyone who has the cvt 'rattle' would describe it as a 'squeak'!

Good luck.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

No way, this sounds like you just have the documented squeky gear shifter issue. If so, this is nothing to get excited about, there is a TSB out on it, if you report the problem they just remove the cover to your shifter, place some foam tape, replace the cover and the problem is gone and no charge to you. If you hear a squeek when turn the steering the wheel, this can also be easily fixed with lubrication, just let them know and they'll correct this as an "adjustment". So just relax.

Even if this was the worst case scenario and it you did have a transmission rattle, it definately isn't the end of your life!! You need to chill out and avoid over-dramatising things. If you still have your health, a home and adequate food then I don't think your life is ending, you're better off than most people on this planet, and a little squeek in your shifter sure isn't anything to get excited about.

kazzan11236

^^^^

are sitting here judging me from one post. u dont kno me dont kno what i been thru.

dont kno a sh** about whats going on im my life right now. of course i was exaggerating the title was to get ppls attention.

dont sit here and run ur mouth when u kno not one thing about me. nor kno anything thats going on in my life.

i asked a question about the rouge. did not need ur opinion or ur stupid judging thoughts.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Well sir I would disagree that I was running my mouth or judging your life. As a favor to you I responded to your question about the Rogue and tried to calm you down and make you realize that it was nothing to worry about. You made a post on this forum stating that "your life was ending" because of an issue with your Rogue, and by doing so you asked me for my opinion. Do you realize that this is the idea of this forum? When you make a post you are asking for others opinions, and of course there are rules of conduct and courtesy to be followed which I most certainly did not violate. I did not judge your life, I just stated that a minor issue with the Rogue is nothing to worry about. You asked for feedback and I provided it in a respectable way. Now you have responded to me in a very disrespectful way because I don't understand all of the details of you life - of course I don't know everything about your life but that is irrelevant to the issue that you requested that we help you with.

I was nice enough to help you out and let you know a likely cause for your squeek and I tried to reassure you that it was not a cause for alarm. And in return you have completely disrespected me and responded with rude comments that are completely unjustified. If you don't want to hear feedback, don't request help on this forum and most certainly don't make ridiculous claims such as "my life is ending because my car has a little squeek".

Your response to me provides a very clear indication of your lack of character and integrety, so I would ask that you please do not post any more on this forum, and I'm sure the moderator will be removing you from this forum anyway, and after that rude post none of the good people on this forum will be wanting to help you or acknowledge your posts either.

bill875
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Indigo Blue / Premium Package / Fully Loaded

Kerrton is right, you need to relax, this isn't the end of the world. I'm sorry for you that you feel you are being judged. This forum is to help each other out and you came here asking for information, kerrton provided it. It's most likely the gear shifter squeak. This happens especially if it is below 55 or so degrees outside. It is annoying, but it is covered under your warranty, so call up your Nissan dealer and have them help you out when you come back from your trip. I highly doubt this squeak is going to affect your ability to take your girl to NY. Once the Rogue warms up, it usually goes away temporarily until it gets fixed.

If you want to attempt to redeem yourself, I feel you own Kerrton an open apology for your earlier response. Also, you aren't SMS Text messaging here. Your abbreviations are irritating and aren't welcome.

paulvanharte
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Carbon Silver

Amen to that!!!

Paul

roguemocker
Car: Nissan Rogue `08

Yikes, this looks like one of those posts that would be better off deleted, or majorly revamped!

It royally sucks to spend so much money on a new car in this economy and then have probs with it! Not to mention this poor guy is ending a relationship and has a kid??? {did I read that right?} Life sucks for so many right now, ease off this guy...

And now for the moderators -- can we delete this thing now??!?!

Jimothy12
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD

"Not to mention this poor guy is ending a relationship and has a kid??? {did I read that right?}"

Where did you get that?

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

Quote »i was supposed to buy the tow kit 2morrow

to tow my girls stuff to NY (she finally movin out )[/quote]But I think it is about one of his daughter moving out of the house.Not easy to understand as he writes as he speaks his mind (never a good thing to do in writing).

After several readings, not even sure I have it right, anyway.

roguemocker
Car: Nissan Rogue `08

Jimothy12 wrote:"Not to mention this poor guy is ending a relationship and has a kid??? {did I read that right?}"

Where did you get that?
Third line in his original/first post..... {son in car}

kazzan11236

okay let me rephrase myself.

first the abbreviations is my way of typing online. i am a MA 3rd class in the Navy reserve. E-4 rank. i know how to talk, I'm not a stupid uneducated ignorant person u find everyday. i type a certain way online because for me the whole day is nothing but orders orders orders. so excuse me if i tend to abbreviate online.

2nd kerrington u dont kno my life. i asked a simple question and u responded in a way that OFFENDED me. im 20 yrs old. i have grown men yelling at me everyday. my girl just almost got murdered with my son in the house becuz a armed robber tried to break in my house when i wasnt there. and she got beat and cut bad. they never found the guy. my son was in ICU the past week for about 3 days becuz doctors thought he had meningitis.

i got a detective trying to ruin my life over a speeding ticket. i might lose rank.

and when i buy a brand new car i have a squeak. so yes it aggravates me.

and when i ask for a simple response u talk to me the same way my commanders do. and i hate it. so excuse me if i tend to snap when someone talks down to me... even thou in ur eyes (and others)... u tend to be voicing an opinion...

as for the rest of u who think i was disrespectful. i really wasnt. i wasnt cursing and calling him names. didnt try to belittle him in any way. i basically voiced my opinion also. u guys just dont approve it.

if a persons post can determine their ONLINE community status then this isnt the good forum i thought it was. banned for voicing and opinion????

i thought that was what the forum is here for. voicing ur opinions.

ntwrkd

kazzan11236 wrote:okay let me rephrase myself.

first the abbreviations is my way of typing online. i am a MA 3rd class in the Navy reserve. E-4 rank. i know how to talk, I'm not a stupid uneducated ignorant person u find everyday. i type a certain way online because for me the whole day is nothing but orders orders orders. so excuse me if i tend to abbreviate online.

2nd kerrington u dont kno my life. i asked a simple question and u responded in a way that OFFENDED me. im 20 yrs old. i have grown men yelling at me everyday. my girl just almost got murdered with my son in the house becuz a armed robber tried to break in my house when i wasnt there. and she got beat and cut bad. they never found the guy. my son was in ICU the past week for about 3 days becuz doctors thought he had meningitis.

i got a detective trying to ruin my life over a speeding ticket. i might lose rank.

and when i buy a brand new car i have a squeak. so yes it aggravates me.

and when i ask for a simple response u talk to me the same way my commanders do. and i hate it. so excuse me if i tend to snap when someone talks down to me... even thou in ur eyes (and others)... u tend to be voicing an opinion...

as for the rest of u who think i was disrespectful. i really wasnt. i wasnt cursing and calling him names. didnt try to belittle him in any way. i basically voiced my opinion also. u guys just dont approve it.

if a persons post can determine their ONLINE community status then this isnt the good forum i thought it was. banned for voicing and opinion????

i thought that was what the forum is here for. voicing ur opinions.
Can't we all just get along? NO

minitrucker

Sorry to jump in and stuff and might not be right of me too but what you did was disrespectful, then turning around blaming it on being in the miltary that's not the correct thing to do eaither.if thats the way you voice your opinion in that way then ya might wanna get some people speaking skills, cause cussing is not the professional thing to do. Then say u get treated like Crap in the miltary, cant be that bad your in the reserves. i am active and i dont get treated like crap. Know I am very sorry for what happen about your family and hope everything gets better. my last thing is you cant lose rank just over a speeding ticket FYI. So lets all say sorry and delete this post.

kazzan11236

minitrucker wrote:Sorry to jump in and stuff and might not be right of me too but what you did was disrespectful, then turning around blaming it on being in the miltary that's not the correct thing to do eaither.if thats the way you voice your opinion in that way then ya might wanna get some people speaking skills, cause cussing is not the professional thing to do. Then say u get treated like Crap in the miltary, cant be that bad your in the reserves. i am active and i dont get treated like crap. Know I am very sorry for what happen about your family and hope everything gets better. my last thing is you cant lose rank just over a speeding ticket FYI. So lets all say sorry and delete this post.
just becuz im only supposed to work 1 weekend a month dosent mean i dont choose to work everyday.

maybe u like where ur at u get treated well. im at the oceana base. one of the largest bases in the US.

everybody here gets treated like a number. and u didnt read correctly.

and yea when its ur 4th 100mph+ speeding ticket and ur job ENTITLES that u have a license nomore than -2 points then yes i can loose rank.

how does everybody think they kno about my life. this is what i mean. plus nobody was blaming anything on anything. i was giving examples JUST of the past week which makes me like this

why is it so damn hard for ppl to just ANSWER MY ROUGE QUESTION.

and nothing else? oh yea i forgot voicing our opinions right... well we can go at this all day. im a admin on another forum site of my own (not a car site)...

im used to typing long posts expressing myself. we can do this all week.

i ask about one thing now everybody has their opinion on my life and the things i do. groovy.

blueis300
Car: 2007 nissan maxima 3.5 se

Ok change subject. Warranty , take it in and have it dealt with.

mx6bfast
Car: 08 Rogue SL FWD

kazzan11236 wrote:why is it so damn hard for ppl to just ANSWER MY ROUGE QUESTION.
It wasn't so hard, it was answered for you before you went on your tirade.

I'm sure as one in the military you know to get respect you have to earn respect. The way you flew off of the handle on what was a harmless response to your question is not earning respect. You aren't the only one on here who is having family/health issues.

Like the above poster said take it to the dealership and let us know what they say.

kazzan11236

mx6bfast wrote:It wasn't so hard, it was answered for you before you went on your tirade.

I'm sure as one in the military you know to get respect you have to earn respect. The way you flew off of the handle on what was a harmless response to your question is not earning respect. You aren't the only one on here who is having family/health issues.

Like the above poster said take it to the dealership and let us know what they say.
got it fixed 8am this morning. no squeak.

and yea as i get much respect in the street i really can care less about the internet.

but thanks to those who answered my QUESTION.

mx6bfast
Car: 08 Rogue SL FWD

kazzan11236 wrote:got it fixed 8am this morning. no squeak.
Good Quote » [/quote]Sorry you feel that way. I think it was very informative as to what your problem was and the answers that were provided in the thread. I'm learning more and more in this forum.

(saying that as nice as possible)

Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

mx6bfast wrote:Good

Sorry you feel that way. I think it was very informative as to what your problem was and the answers that were provided in the thread. I'm learning more and more in this forum.

(saying that as nice as possible)
I have been following this forum for a year now and this is without a doubt the rudest, most disrespectfull tread so far. PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD, it serves no usefull purpose at all other than to reinstate some of the problems in our society.

kazzan11236

Ticmxman wrote:
I have been following this forum for a year now and this is without a doubt the rudest, most disrespectfull tread so far. PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD, it serves no usefull purpose at all other than to reinstate some of the problems in our society.

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

kerrton wrote:No way, this sounds like you just have the documented squeky gear shifter issue. If so, this is nothing to get excited about, there is a TSB out on it, if you report the problem they just remove the cover to your shifter, place some foam tape, replace the cover and the problem is gone and no charge to you. If you hear a squeek when turn the steering the wheel, this can also be easily fixed with lubrication, just let them know and they'll correct this as an "adjustment". So just relax.

Even if this was the worst case scenario and it you did have a transmission rattle, it definately isn't the end of your life!! You need to chill out and avoid over-dramatising things. If you still have your health, a home and adequate food then I don't think your life is ending, you're better off than most people on this planet, and a little squeek in your shifter sure isn't anything to get excited about.
As an outside observer, I thought this was a very good response. The first bit was good car advice and the second bit was good life advice.

I'm also not going to condemn kazzan. I think he was just having a rough day, and took it in a way that was not intended.

Folks, I take a lot of pride in the fact that the members of the Rogue forum have been so incredibly mature and helpful to one another. We have a fantastic culture of helpfulness and respect built here so far. Lets keep that up!!!

So to everyone involved... Let's not let this sort of thing happen again. Let's forgive and forget and move on with life.

cdmuile
Car: Nissan Rogue, Scion tC RS4.0

Kazzan, Hope things work out for you. It's really easy for people to get stressed nowadays. I understand your frustration. Things tend to work out with time.......maybe I should say 'always work out'. Enjoy your Rogue. You made a good decision when you bought it. It's a great car!

kazzan11236

UPDATE

for all u Virginia Folks... there have been NO reported AWD rouge problems (tranny problem) in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, and Chesapeak.... (i checked this morning while with the manager at nissan).

and it seems the squeak is usually for both FWD and AWD...

i suspect if anybody knows ppl trying to get a non-defective tranny rouge...

u can visit virginia

philipa_240sx

Nissan has released a Tech Bulletin NTB08031 several months ago regarding squeaking noises from the centre console/shifter area. It's a very simple fix which is covered under warranty.

You can see all tech bulletins for the Rogue in the Sticky at the top of the forum.

zerothread/340557

Peace!

Return to “Rogue Forum”