I put some doe into my J30, should I keep it??? (Pics inside!!!)

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
Sarcastik
Car: 1995 Infiniti J30 (SOLD)
2008 Infiniti G37s

I love my J30 to death, but at the same time I am really considering selling her for two reasons. For one there some mods that I want to do, but can't like lambo doors and lowering the frame (but if you know a cost effective way to get either of these done then let me know!). Secondly, maintance for an infiniti can be pricey (I also have some questions reguarding preventative maintance and whether or not it is the best idea to have it consistantly looked at my infiniti professionals). I put some decent money (although I think it came out well for under 2gs) into my car and I want it to stay in excellent condition for years to come. So if anyone can offer some advice as well as critique the overall look please respond thanks.

Pictures:http://www.sarcastik.com/j30/

Q_SHIP
Car: 1999 Q45T with a billion miles.

The way I look at it, guys like you and I are never happy with anything stock and always sink money into their cars. You may as well keep the one you have started with rather than start all over again.

Great looking car.

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Hope some of the "doe" went to preventative and restorative maintenance.

J30 are inexpensive to maintain compared to other luxury imports thanks to this board's sponsors and the proliferation of independent Z shops, some of which are much better than others.

Like your car, but the WalMart steering wheel cover really offsets its style. If it works for you.....

Falkdesigns
Car: 1998 Q45t ~ EXE

Nice clean car, you don't need a frame drop, just get some good springs and shocks, or a nice set of coilovers and call it a day.

But Lambo doors????????

Sarcastik
Car: 1995 Infiniti J30 (SOLD)
2008 Infiniti G37s

The steering wheel (like many other J's I've seen) is fairly thrashed under the cover so that looks a lot better then the latter and it matches the wood grain close enough. Yes, I am into the latest trends, thats why I went for the gunmetal kicks and the dvd system (I don't even have bass in there yet!) so the lambo doors are a must. I even checked them out for sadans and they look sick cause with the back doors opened normal it looks like there are doors all over the place. But on to the more serous issues:

what is that site called? (customcoilovers.com or something) how much do springs run over there cause I can't find j30 springs anywhere) Intrax used to make them blah blah blah, but the places I went to drop ship from intrax so they have nothing.

PREVENTATIVE MAINTENCE!!!: I bought the car a year and a half ago with like 97,000 miles on it. I got the timing belt changed and host of other things, but I haven't had really anything done since then. What's next??? Please help cause if I keep it I think its corny to have a car with 3tvs and rims, but the damn thing don't start!!!

Falkdesigns

Lambo doors aren't the latest trend, for the US, VIP / EXE style is. Lambo doors = teh ghey, but whatever floats your boat.

gniknave
Car: 2000 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
2008 Honda Civic EX (Sedan)

The car looks nice as it is. You drive an Infiniti, not an Acura. If you put that money you're willing to spend on the lambo doors into running your car on the highest quality synthetic fluids, replacing worn or inoperable parts, and filling it with the best gas you can (for a California car), you'd then have some true bragging rights. To many people - especially around the bay have the nicest LOOKING cars that run like the biggest peices of crap ever. If your car looks great and runs great then you won't want to sell it. And I'll say, if that was my car, there's no way in hell I'd sell it.

DominickJ30
Car: 1993 Infiniti J30t

Your car is hot, but like falk said lambo doors are ghey. Keep the classic look of the infiniti without overdoing it. Here is a better steering wheel cover. You can get em at autozone.

Falkdesigns

Gun-metal wheels are 2003 all the way. Still a nice color, just saying, if you are going for the latest trends, you got some catching up to do .

Just lower it, drops completely change the look of cars. Look for JIC coilovers, or Tein springs (I can look into them for you, I sell Tein, but like for my car, they are (probably) special order from Japan).

Death by Mullet
Car: 94 Q45

Really nice J30. I would have a hard time selling it as well. In my opinion, you should keep it.

Mullet

driverdriver
Car: NICO's longtime resident Canuck!!!

I got one of those Walmart steering wheel covers also. Its a lot cooler to the touch than my stock black leather covered steering wheel in the summer heat, besides the wood is fairly close match to the wood interior trim I have in the car.

Jesda

Wow, thats a very impressive J30. I love the wheels, the interior, and of course the way it naturally looks and feels like a Jag. Turbo time!

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”