I neep help with lifter removal for sr20det red top

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
97_nissan_240_se
Car: 97 kouki s14

As I've found in the other post is that there are other people having some problems with lifter tick. And most responses are take them out and bleed them and what not. But how do you remove the cams to get to them? I could go to town and start removing everything but I'm trying to work in the easiest manner out there. I have not been able to find any post on this subject. So if anyone know of a site on how to get to the lifters out or step by step on how to remove please let me know, Thanks.

S13FASTBACKSR
Car: '92 Fastback SR powered

so you want to know how to get the cams out so you can get to the lifters? http://www.frsport.com/Install....html and when it comes time to pulling the lifters out just get the oil off of them if there is any at all and then wrap a dry rag around them and then take a pair of vice grips and clamp that over the rag and give them a nice tug and twisting motion

97_nissan_240_se
Car: 97 kouki s14

So after I pull out the cams the lifters are just right there to where I can just pull them right out? And if I remove the crank angle sensor won't I have to get it re-tuned or is it possible to pull it out to where it will stay the same?

S13FASTBACKSR
Car: '92 Fastback SR powered

S13FASTBACKSR wrote:so you want to know how to get the cams out so you can get to the lifters?
I didnt mean to say that i meant to say you want to remove the cams? if you are trying to JUST remove the lifters then you do not need to remove the cams at all..you just remove the rocker arm pads which sit over the cams, on the lifter and on the valvesprings..just pop that off and the lifters are right there

Covo
Car: 240sx s13

Hello, I know this is a very old post but when you remove and bleed the lifter and install them back in. Do you need a special tool or do you just slip them right back in? Thanks

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”