I Need some help on my 1982 datsun king cab 4x4

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
Racingman9977

ok i have a 1982 Datsun king Cab 4x4 with the z22 engine i believe in it. And i am having trouble keeping it running. it will run with the choke closed, but as soon as you try and give it gas its like you turned the key off, unless you let up on the gas again then it will stay running. This pickup was givin to be to so there is a few things missing like the aircleaner and air filter for the top of the carburetor and so there are two hoses not connected to the carburetor because they would connect to the air cleaner which isn't there. the one that comes off the exhaust is not connected to anything and the one that goes off the top of the valve cover or whatever that cover is where you add the oil at the top. So i was wondering does it need these hoses hooked up to a air cleaner and then it might run or what. the fuel pump works, im pretty sure you can here it running and it always starts and idles barely. Thanks for all help in advance!!!

Here a image of a pickup engine just like mine but with all of the air cleaner business on it. My is missing the air cleaner and the two hoses that come off the air cleaner.

http://media.photobucket.com/i...9.jpg
Modified by Racingman9977 at 8:25 PM 12/6/2009

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

try plugging those holes/hoses you mentioned... make sure all the vac lines are connected or plugged... if it runs after that then problem solved but there is possibility of something more in the fuel system

try that first... vac lines are huge in these trucks

breadbox
Car: Red 89 240sx,Black 89 Koop, White 84 720 4x4KC

Nice. Yeah these motors need a proper vac system or they run like crap.

flinterman2000
Car: 2000 Nissan Wingroad, 85 Datsun 720 Pick Up.

The one that comes off the rocker cover should not be plugged as that only circulates the fumes from the engine to be burnt through the carb. Just leave that one open.

Racingman9977

what about the one that comes off of the exhaust, can you plug that one or do you need that to go to the carb or something. thanks for the help in advance.

Return to “Datsun 720”