I need some help info on price.

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
justmejoe523

I went up to nissan the other day to look at a new car. I wanted something that was 4WD or AWD so i was looking at the xterra and rogue. The xterra was a 09 and the rogue was an 08. The 08 Rogue SL AWD had the premium and leather package and navigation (no sunroof). they quoted me an out the door price of 28,500. the xterra that the offered was a 09 nicely equipped for 27,300 out the door. Does this seem strange to anyone that i can get a 09 for less than an 08.
Modified by justmejoe523 at 8:01 PM 11/5/2008

daytrippr
Car: 2008 Blue AWD SL model Rogue

1) Why would you need an awd in Florida?

2) We paid $25K for our awd sl with an extended warranty (7 yrs/100k miles)

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

I will say that he can probably do better than that but you will have to work on him a little bit.

First, the manufacturer and dealer situation is not that good, about minus 20-30% sale compare to one year ago, and the economic situation shows it won't improve soon.With the price of gas soon to going high again, gas guzzlers won't sell that much. That is maybe why they sell the Xterra for less (but maybe with less options in the cars). But don't forget that you will keep this car for years, so fuel mileage is more important for you than for the seller.Strangely, they should also do an effort on 08 models to get rid of them.

Don't forget also that you went over there at the beginning of the month, sellers are worried about their quota only close to the end of the month (after about the 20th). They should worry much earlier and give you the same service at the beginning of the month, but they are just sellers, don't ask too much of them

I would say that if it is not too much of a detour, go visit them from time to time to discuss price with your seller (bring back that the price is too high and that he has to work on it more every 15 minutes or so), and leave telling him it is still too high. You will see that time after time the price should go lower (or you will have more extras). At the end of the month, you should have a good price for the car you want, except maybe the color.

My wife did that few years ago and got a great deal.I worked on my electronic seller last saturday and got a great deal (paid 4000$ instead of 4760$).

The only thing is having the gust to do it (what I did not have in the past). More people than you think do it on an everyday basis... for anything: I have a friend who is ashamed of his brother who discuss price on ANYthing... but it works everytime.

CincyRoguer
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD/Gotham Gray/Black Leather

My 08 SL AWD loaded with leather and sunroof was only $26000 out the door. I think they can do much better than what they are offering. My sticker was $28,000. I walked away from one dealer when they wouldn't give me deal I was looking for. I told the next dealer I was looking to buy that day, and he said no at first, and then chased us down in the parking lot after we walked away, and he gave us the $26000 price we were looking for. You do have to go in with a price in mind and be willing to walk away if they don't budge. I was replacing an 03 Xterra that was totaled, which I loved. There was an 08 Xterra on the lot that was loaded and had a cost of $22000, which amazed me. They definitely were pricing the lower gas mileage cars at a cheaper price to try to move them, I assume. I love the Rogue because I have all of the toys that I never had on the 03 Xterra! You'll love the Rogue and I'm averaging 26 mpg which is about 10 mpg more than I was getting on the Xterra.

Return to “Rogue Forum”