I NEED OPINIONS! 1973 B-210 Valentine Matchmaker

Here you'll find topics regarding the Datsun B210, 310, 610, 710, 810, 1200, and lots of other models - All are welcome!
Ocklawaha
Car: Datsun B-210

:werd:

Every day an attractive young lady would pull up, let her college friend out and drive away. I wanted to meet her but nothing ever worked in my favor. Finally one day, right on schedule she pulled up, and I heard BOTH girls get out... I watched as they entered her friends apartment. Without waiting I went outside, lifted the bonnet, and disconnected the distributer wire. Within minutes both girls were on my doorstep; “Bob my friends car won’t start...” wanting to look professional (and I barely know a wheel from a fuse box) I tinkered around and ‘fixed’ the car. In the process I got a number and a date.

The mystery is, for almost two weeks that car died on my doorstep WITHOUT MY HELP! Not being a mechanic I clowned around and smacked the side of the fender - instantly it started up. I was merely copping an act from a popular TV program. It worked when moving battery cables failed. It worked fairly consistently.

I have no idea what ‘thing’ on the inside fender wall might have been responsible, but we were married 30 days later... nearly 39 years and counting.

Does anyone have a clue what caused the matchmaking car to respond in this way? Thanks!

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Herbie the Love Sentra maybe? I like the story!

macgiver

It must have been the wofflockathejimmy-hoffa wire :lolling:

Return to “Other Datsun Cars”